Latitude 2009

The Beard

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was about to mension the convenient animal collective tour gap

my bloody valentine arnt booked anywhere beyond april that suggestion seems more pipe dream now

theres a plausible gap in anthony and the johnsons tour as well

i think the lee ranaldo thing is this year its just put in a strange order on that page

god please there must be someone remarkable out there to play

i'm really suprised they didn't get bloc party / bjork / flaming lips / morrisey / beck .. someone of that ilk, they all seem to appeal to most ages.. yet grace jones and psb? even nick cave is questionable (although i don't doubt his greatness).

i'm volunteering anyway so it makes it easier that i don't have to beg for time off to see any/three of my expected bands..

if sonic youth dont play i will do terrible things to my body. really terrible things.

the jicks better play....or how bout eels, and back to my original idea, the knife reforming for latitude? it is unlikely, but they could do an uber exclusive, as franz ferdiand did last year (latitude was their only uk festival, apart from an acoustic secert set at glasto)

there better be at least one headliner worth going to see......nick cave is OK i dont doubt his genius but his stuff is kinda hard to get into........

come on the youth!!

if sonic youth dont play i will do terrible things to my body. really terrible things.

the jicks better play....or how bout eels, and back to my original idea, the knife reforming for latitude? it is unlikely, but they could do an uber exclusive, as franz ferdiand did last year (latitude was their only uk festival, apart from an acoustic secert set at glasto)

there better be at least one headliner worth going to see......nick cave is OK i dont doubt his genius but his stuff is kinda hard to get into........

come on the youth!!

Surely Nick Caves stuff is no harder to get into then most of Sonic Youths best stuff?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/ne...000/7959092.stm

Confirmation if ever i saw it.

Editors and Doves are among the first bands confirmed for this year's Latitude Festival.

The bash, held at Henham Park, Southwold, Suffolk takes places between 16-19 July.

Mercury Prize nominated artist Bat For Lashes will also appear at the festival, which returns for the fourth year.

Headliners for the event are expected to be confirmed shortly with tickets going on sale today [23 March].

what brilliant, brilliant news

my favourite band in the world are playing latitude

i caught Doves at the forum last thursday and they were magnificent, just thinking about them at henham park is giving me goosebumps

surely both Doves and Editors are bigger and more popular than Grace Jones? Uncut must have messed up somewhere...

This years Latitude is suddenly seeming a whole lot rosier :rolleyes:

i think thos uncut headliners are exactly that, the uncut headliners - no way can doves/editors be below grace jones

i think thos uncut headliners are exactly that, the uncut headliners - no way can doves/editors be below grace jones

only thing is though, Nick Cave and (loathe am i to say it) PSB are a bit too big for that Uncut stage.

I reckon Editors and Doves could be joint Saturday headliners on the Obelisk.

only thing is though, Nick Cave and (loathe am i to say it) PSB are a bit too big for that Uncut stage.

that'll do me :rolleyes:

we dont know yet what theyve don eto the site

the 1 big complaint that constantly came through from last year was that none of the tents were big enough