Stone Roses

Guest Rainy day woman

I doubt it'll ever happen. Ian Brown seems like a pretty stubborn guy and has repeatedly said he won't do it (usually coupled with a disparaging remark about Squire into the bargain)

Besides, they were never amazing live, it was more atmosphere that drove the gigs on, and with the media glare upon them a fear they would'nt live up to expectations, Ian and his voice in particular.

Hope it happens, but I would'nt hold my breath

I doubt it'll ever happen. Ian Brown seems like a pretty stubborn guy and has repeatedly said he won't do it (usually coupled with a disparaging remark about Squire into the bargain)

Besides, they were never amazing live, it was more atmosphere that drove the gigs on, and with the media glare upon them a fear they would'nt live up to expectations, Ian and his voice in particular.

Hope it happens, but I would'nt hold my breath

i think its pretty unlikely myself but we can still hope, tbh i'd settle for ian brown doing his own stuff with a few stone roses numbers thrown in for good measure..... and yes he does sound like a fog horn live but hey its ian brown, the man can be forgiven for pretty much anything... gotta be better than the seahorses glasto yawnathon in '97 at least, seen funerals with more atomosphere!

i think its pretty unlikely myself but we can still hope, tbh i'd settle for ian brown doing his own stuff with a few stone roses numbers thrown in for good measure..... and yes he does sound like a fog horn live but hey its ian brown, the man can be forgiven for pretty much anything... gotta be better than the seahorses glasto yawnathon in '97 at least, seen funerals with more atomosphere!

I saw Brown at Esher Forest a few years ago, he turned up on stage with band members from a Roses tribute band and played a whole set of Roses songs, it was probably the best gig i've been to... no one was expecting the first few bars of Adored to echo around the place as he walked on and after that there were just massive grins as he rattled through Sugar Spun Sister, Where Angels Play, waterfall, resurrection!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3927029.stm

They would want to get their skates on if they want to play Glasto in 2009............As far as im aware the headliners will be locked down early in the new year if not before...........So no time for dilly dallying on this............Brown would want to be saying YES to it like YESterday!! :rolleyes:

Wont happen IMO............But if it was it would be so much better than their earlier gigs.............Brown has had time to learn how to hold a note now and stay in tune (ish)...........he is a lot better now then when in his Roses days and the fact that he is older may allow some to believe that the chances of him getting totally smashed up before a gig are less............but who knows what he would do before such a reunion show..............

Oh yeah and This is coming from that rag so.................buckets of salt are needed here...........However Mani is always going on about a Reunion............Bobby G must be doin his box in.............and has said that 2009, being the 20 year mark since the debut album, would be ideal................So maybe they will get it together some time, but not in time for Glasto.............Sure they would sell out Knebworth at £100 a pop I reckon, even if it is an economic slow down............

Cant see it happening myself , Ian brown has been playing lots of roses songs at his solo gigs for years now , he still dont speak to John squire , I think Manny was prob pissed up and said he would love for the roses to get back together and the sun just print any old crap as we all well know.

If it happens i will eat my hat

Karl

These rumours come round more often than a Mr Whippy van in summer.

Mani always states he'd love to get the Roses back, and he would.

However, I can't see it happening, as much as I'd love it to.

As for Brown's voice, his singing of the Stone Roses songs on the Other Stage in 06 was excellent, it was just his singing of his own tunes that let him down!