Hurricane / Southside 2009

Guest Squig

www.hurricane.de

The first self-confirmed band is Die Ärzte... More to follow, I expect: Culcha Candela, Fettes Brot, Disturbed, The Wombats, Johnossi (strongly rumoured). Most importantly though, finally bands for a German festival in June. First bands for RaR can't be that far away.

Just have been confirmed:

Die Ärzte * Culcha Candela * Disturbed * Fettes Brot * Get Well Soon * Johnossi * The Wombats

Tickets are 99€ until christmas.

Edited by Squig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not really... We are quite in the dark about the headliners,, die Ärzte for sure, and it is feared that Kings of Leon may be as well, even though they are perceived as to weak (in Germany) for this spot... People thought similair about the Beatsteaks last year and Marylin Manson the year before, though, so we don't know.

From an international Point of view the line up is rather weak, the German bands so far are mostly not bad though. I expect quite a few well known international additions to make the line up at least better than in 06 (which has been regarded the weakest line up since 2004 by most).

in 2005 Oasis just headlined the 3rd stage (with a monster line up though: DÄ, SOAD, Rammstein, NIN, ...), so I don't think they are as massive in Germany as in the UK, and they didn't exactly grow much bigger the last 4 years, but they are stilöl headlineer material. I really don't think KoL would be Head, or if they are I at least hopoe for a big dance act to play the second stage like the Chemical Brothers last year afterwards (like Fatboy Slim or Daft Punk).

It's really hard to say at the moment... as has been stated in the Rock am Ring thread, it seems like it's hard to book any bands for June/Juli this year, none of the major festivals announced a big surprise name so far.

If you have any question regarding atmosphere or rules at Hurricane, fell free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Daft Punk is not a rumor. Just wishful thinking.

The Cure is a strong rumor, though. One headliner is still missing, the other two are Die Ärzte and Kings of Leon.

The line-up is pretty weak from an international view as of now, but this will change with the upcoming confirmations.

/edit: too late.

Edited by Createur

Daft Punk is not a rumor. Just wishful thinking.

The Cure is a strong rumor, though. One headliner is still missing, the other two are Die Ärzte and Kings of Leon.

The line-up is pretty weak from an international view as of now, but this will change with the upcoming confirmations.

/edit: too late.

Im going Hurricane this year and i cannot wait, its my first festival abroad. Im 18 and my mates 19! I absoloutly love Kings of Leon, one of the main reasons im going!

Ive only ever been to one festival before tho, Oxegen last year, If anyone could me any info or advice while im at Hurricane id be greatful, tnx

:lol:

Depends on what you want to know exactly and how you are going to get there.

In general it's an easy festival to do. Lots of young people, so communicating in English should be no issue. Everything is quite close to each other, comming there by train is easy, like a 30 minutes walk, coming there by car is even easier of course, just follow the other cars. campsite goes open on thursday around noon (even though it says 8 pm on the website, thats so nobody can claim that they have to be open at 12), but some go there even on wednesday night and do some wild camping.

You can bring alcohol, but only in non-glas containers. There are suprer markets in Scheeßel, so you can stock up. If you go by car, bring something to transport yxour stuff ( cart or something), if you are going by train the local youth has carts they rents out, so when you go shopping you don't have to neccessairly carry all the stuff back. There's also a swimming pool. Facilities are okay... porta potties are worse than at RaR, but the showers are okay and for free. There's a club tent you can party in all night after the last band played.

In general it is more laid back than any British festival, as continental europeans tent to be more peaceful when they drink.

Good that you ask.

Thurs night is definetly worth it, lots of fun, great atmosphere, also you'll camp much closer to the stages if you arrive early. Try not to camp too close to the disco tent, otherwise there will be even less sleep for you the following days.

Going by train there is easy, just check out www.db.de three months in advance, but don't buy your tickets directly, it's cheaper to buy a 'Niedersachsenticket' for 5 persons... there will be lots of people going from or via Hamburg, so you can probably just tag along a group of locals.

It is basically impossible to buy canned beer in Germany, because they introduced a 25 cent refund per can to reduce waste a few years back. Beer is sold in Plastic (alongside glas bottles) bottles, but that makes the cheap bad beer even worse I think. Way to go are 5Liter kegs, costs are, depending on the quality of the beer, between 6 and 10€, basically only German brands are sold... but who'd want to drink American water (Bud≠beer) in Germany anyways? ;-)

Saving water plastic bottles after you drank the water on the train makes sense, as you can buy harder stuff then (.75 liter of wodka costs 5€ in a supermarket) and fill it into plastic bottles to bring it in.

i don't mind budweiser, far too bad experiences off the likes of stella so i don't mind it :lol:

One warning though if you're coming from the uk and red bull is your mixer, stock up before you leave the country! Remember getting a litre of jager at a stupidly cheap price in the german supermarket, and then spending best part of of 20 euros on red bull lol (it's a marmite thing, but i feckin love jagerbulls :D )