EXIT Festival 2009 Line-up

Guest P-Nuttz

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everytime i look at the lineup i get a little nauseous.....with excitement that is! I'm gonna have problems being in more than one place at the same time with the artists on offer.

I know this is a little off the topic, but I am also going to the Garden Festival in Croatia. About to book an apartment for 2 of us and can accomodate a couple more. Alternatively, if you have a spare room for us then pls let me know.

All four days at Arena are fulfilled by more back2back acts, by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli on 9th July, Loco Dice and Magda on 10th, Tayo and Hannah Holland on 11th, and a live performance of Japanese Popstars on 12th, the Sunday.

taken from the exit website

dance arena line up is completed for this year,so let`s resume it:

Carl Cox

Green Velvet

Sander Kleinenberg

James Zabiela

Eric Prydz

Adam Beyer

Darren Emerson

Richie Hawtin

Nic Fanciulli

Loco Dice

Magda

Dubfire

Sasha

John Digweed

Steve Lawler

Lee Burridge

Steve Angello

Sebastian Ingrosso

Paul Woolford

Yousef

Etienne de Crecy Live

Kissy Sell Out

Alex Metric

Heidi

Justin Martin

Gui Boratto Live

Tayo

Hannah Holland

Japanese Popstars Live

Couldn't have hoped for a better dance line up really, can hardly think of any DJs I'd want at a festival missing from there (especially with the addition of JZ and Loco Dice!). I'll be interested to see how the back to back thing works out - some are obviously going to work as they have done it before (JZ + Fanciulli, Sasha + Digweed) but some I find harder to imagine due to slightly conflicting styles (Beyer and Prydz, Loco Dice and Magda).

It's really exciting though - I think we'll see a lot of DJs playing sets you wouldn't normally expect from them. (Either that, or they'll just play half each!)

Anyone any idea how long people will be on for? Just the normal two hours? I'd hope for longer with it being back to back. Also, just noticed, no Marko Nastic?! Really!?

broog - wouldn't panic about the techno, think you'll find that the back to back element will mean most of the sets aren't too hardcore and there'll be a lot of fun music. As if you couldn't enjoy yourself in the dance arena anyway! (And Crookers - really!?)... Plump DJs would have been fun, mind!

Edit: agree with Quadrant that it's not really pushing the boundaries, but what do you expect from the main dance arena? These people are (in most cases) the big names for a reason - in past years, I've not expected too much from some DJs as I've though they were past it (e.g. Tenaglia) and I've had some of the most fun to them - they really know how to rock a crowd in a big festival situation. There'll be lots of interesting stuff going on around, there always is.

I don't think a lot of the more underground DJs I enjoy in clubs would work very well on such a big stage, it's not their speciality, they demand a more involved environment to really get into them - and also, I'm not sure how my friends who don't follow techno music but rather just enjoy the experience of dancing to good music in a big crowd would find some of the deeper or more minimal stuff - I can picture it now, "this is boring, it's the same thing on loop!" :)

Edited by tdmusic

i dont listen to house or techno so im not thrilled by this but as far as i can tell it is the same kind of thing every year. but in this case, i would say glastonbury has a better dance lineup (i cant believe i would ever say that)

exit needs some variety - 2many dj's, scratch perverts, dj yoda, stanton warriors......

....oh wait, they're all playing at glasto! :)

EDIT: i think this is actually a good thing cus it means i will see more of the smaller stages

Edited by Brizzle

Also (with a some rare exceptions) it tends to be messy and disjointed and nowhere near as good as seeing the two djs playing separate sets. It certainly has a novelty value but I'm sceptical as to how four nights of it will work out.