EXIT Festival 2009 Line-up

Guest P-Nuttz

Our crew are supposed to be driving there, but I can't decide wether we should go on the train instead.

Were going to be stopping in Switzerland (doin the golden eye bungee jump) on the way for a few days, then onto Novi Sad.

Renting a car is cheaper than getting the train and more fun, but I'm worried about parking it in Novi Sad. As It's rented, if it gets trashed we're screwed. Does anyone know of Parking, how much it costs and how secure it is?

Has anyone ever used the trains going back to the UK? I was thinking of using a InterRail ticket, which allows you to travel through loads of countries. I'm thinking getting on the train and sleeping the whole way home would be much better than attempting to keep each other awake and drive safely!

The idea of driving started when about 9 of us were going and now eveyone has dropped out, there is only 4 of us left!

Any ideas? I'm booking my ticket tomorrow!

Plus is the campsite friendly? I've herd that it is. I'm the only girl and I'm sure the boys are going to do my head in at some point and I'll have to find some slightly more civilised company!

I can't wait! :lol:

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget flying to Budapest, just fly to Belgrade. I got a return flight to Belgrade this year for 165quid from Heathrow with LOT airlines (via warsaw). I booked about 3 weeks ago so it might cost a bit more now but its worth it so you dont miss any of the festival, dont have to do the train (or mini bus) journey from Budapest and you get to see Belgrade which is a very cool city. Also definatly get an apartment..like a previous poster mentioned..trying to sleep in a tent in the middle of the day is like sleeping in an oven!

I think there is a train around 11pm from Budapest to Novi Sad. Try the following site to check out the times, you can change the language to English:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

I arranged my hotel via IntoExit and I think they also offer minibus services for between 25-35 euros per head one way.

Good luck with camping, I've camped once at a European festival and wouldn't do it again. You're parting all night then trying to sleep in a sun trap all day - not good for the hangover. :(

Booked it direct with LOT Airlines, I think its Polands national airline. Booked it about 3-4 weeks ago. If you take a look at opodo or some other flight search engine then they can give you a good idea of price. Just had a quick look...heathrow - belgrade is now £280, manchester - belgrade is £343. Dublin - Belgrade with Lufthansa is £468, belfast - belgrade is £469. I guess i just booked when it was at its cheapest point, the closer you get to departure the higher the price. Take a look at germanwings (budget german airline). they do flights from various german airports to belgrade so if you can get a budget airline from dublin/belfast etc to cologne for example then get german wings from cologne to belgrade. I did it this way a couple of years ago..meant a fairly long wait in a german airport but it was fairly cheap and meant we avoided budapest, the train journey etc

hey guys i got 4 extra tickets for this festival i'm selling for 9000 dinars each ( they will cost 10 000 on the day of exit ) so u can pm me and i can save some for u if u want . i live near exitcamp so i can bring them to you personally !

Edited by steva

i'll be leaving budapest to get to novi sad on the wednesday, i'm staying there for a few nights before the festival, so i'll be in the centre. most of the coaches seem to leave from the airport. it seems a bit daft to go all the way to the airport for a coach. i was just wondering if there was enough people leaving from the centre of budapest, then maybe a coach company (i.e derm from eufest??) would put on a coach from the centre.

what do people think?

i'll be leaving budapest to get to novi sad on the wednesday, i'm staying there for a few nights before the festival, so i'll be in the centre. most of the coaches seem to leave from the airport. it seems a bit daft to go all the way to the airport for a coach. i was just wondering if there was enough people leaving from the centre of budapest, then maybe a coach company (i.e derm from eufest??) would put on a coach from the centre.

what do people think?

Into Exit and some other companies offer a minibus service for groups of 6 or more. We've got 4 and I'd be happy to meet up with some others to share our own minibus. We arrive at Budapest airport at 1045 in the morning. IntoExit are offering it for £42 one way which I think is a bit steep to be honest, others are doing it for 30-35 euros.

The 1230 IntoExit coach picks up from city centre and airport.

Booking it up this week and not sure what way to go about it at all. Going Ryanair to Budapest on the 9th means missing the first day but nothing can be done about that. Problem tho is we get to Budapest at after 8 on the Thursday so probably too late to try get to Novi Sad then?

Thinking about getting the train down on the 10th and staying till the 13th. Anyone know details for any mini van type people that are reliable or recommend other ways and means? Over 100 per person using the official travel agents.

Also not sure if we're going to camp or get an apartment. Anyone any recommendations. Would you bake alive in a tent there?

I've found a company offering an 8 seater minibus from Budapest Airport to Exit for £265 one way on Wednesday 8th July @ 11am. There are only 4 of us travelling - is anyone else interested in sharing this minibus? It'll be £33 each if we can get another 4 people. :)

We arrive at 10.45am but could hang around for a couple of hours if required.

what do people think?