eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Squig

Rock am Ring 2009

I've been translating the german forums on Ringrocker and apparently PearlJam are the first self confirmed band.

I've been translating the german forums on Ringrocker and apparently PearlJam are the first self confirmed band.

How so? i was just stating the fact that i've seen a couple of sites saying lineup wont be till jan-feb, not saying its gospel truth just repeating what ive read. Also the pearlajm thing was on the ringrocker lineup forums, APPARENTLY the first band to self confirm. Not saying its 100% true im just repeating what ive read.

As I said, they are kidding. They can't possibly predict that, and if they could, they wouldn't, as they do get lots of informations from the organizers personally but don't üut them on the web immediatly (as they wouldn't get any more informations than).

Pearl Jam are definitely not confirmed. The "rumour" itself stems from a statement by Andre Lieberberg, one of the organisers, right after RaR 08, that he had heard Pearl MIGHT be touring in 09 and that he would like to have them in case they're available. Right now there are no signs Pearl will really be touring in Europe in 09 so Pearl Jam don't even qualify as a rumour.

Coldplay seem to prefer playing arenas or stadiums as well.

There are curently absolutely no real rumours for headlining bands whatsoever. So far every arena sized band with definite touring plans for 09 preferred playing their own stadium or arena shows.

This is the list of rumours according to Ringrocker:

Guns N Roses

Ich bin bunt

Kings Of Leon

Moetley Cruee

Nickelback

Placebo

Shinedown

Slipknot

The Killers

Volbeat

Coldplay aren't on there any more but Nickelback are. Surely that can't be right? f**king Nickelback?

Guns N Roses

Ich bin bunt

Kings Of Leon

Moetley Cruee

Nickelback

Placebo

Shinedown

Slipknot

The Killers

Volbeat

Coldplay aren't on there any more but Nickelback are. Surely that can't be right? f**king Nickelback?

cool....because they are probably big enough to headline in England....now are you 100% sure on this one because you did say 'The Killers' were too small to headline if i remember? :rolleyes:

I wasn't a 100% sure about the killers and added that it was party wishful thinking. I am, however, a 100% sure about Nickleback. You guys on the Islands have weird tastes of music sometimes :-P

Guns N Roses

Ich bin bunt

Kings Of Leon

Moetley Cruee

Nickelback

Placebo

Shinedown

Slipknot

The Killers

Volbeat

Placebo won't headline Pinkpop (play before Depeche Mode), but that doesn't mean they won't headline RaR. I'd say they aren't big enough, but it really seems like nothing big is available so maybe they'll have to do. Would suck.

Nickleback should be 3rd from top at the main stage. Can't see them play any other spot.

I wasn't a 100% sure about the killers and added that it was party wishful thinking. I am, however, a 100% sure about Nickleback. You guys on the Islands have weird tastes of music sometimes :-P

Ive heard Blur are reforming and will be touring next year, are they a Rock AM Ring type group?

Rumour has it the Smiths might be getting back together also, but dont know how true that is either.

Blur are definitley reforming and are likely to play Glasto. They are also playing Hyde Park on 3rd July (I know cos I'm going!).

I don't think The Smiths will ever reform - apart from anything else, Morrissey has a new solo album coming out soon. He may tour to support that though.

Blur are a bit unlikely. They are/were by far not as massive in Germany compared to England, so they wouldn't be more than Alternahead me thinks (think of the verve last year, even though they are slightly bigger than them). They wouldn't want to play a gig that small vefore the big thing at Glasto, would they?

They did say they wnated to play some warm-up gigs before Glasto/Hyde Park. Maybe headlining a second stage at a big european festival would fit in with this???