2009 Headliners - Place your bets now

Guest Ed209

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lithium, you previously mentioned Arctic Monkeys as one of your 3 headliners, so it cant be that far off ! along with AC/DC and Green Day....both great bands and while i would definately see AC/DC, im pretty sure that FR will have at least 2 British headliners, which has been hinted at by Melvin Benn.
Edited by stephen07

Well I'm sticking with this for the time being:

FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Arctic Monkeys

Kasabian

The Flaming Lips

Primal Scream

Vampire Weekend

The Courteeners

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Ian Brown

Glasvegas

The Long Blondes

SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

R.E.M.*

The Prodigy

Maximo Park

Happy Mondays

The Pigeon Detectives

Modest Mouse

The Young Knives

Death Cab For Cutie

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Enter Shikari

The Futureheads

The Hold Steady

SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Green Day

Marilyn Manson

KoRn

Weezer

Paramore

Special Guests

Elliot Minor

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Gossip

Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong

Good Shoes

* - Yes. Yes, I am stubborn.

Modest Mouse main stage? I think they'd be more like somewhere in the top 3 in the Radio 1 tent.

I doubt Good Shoes will still be around next year... I interviewed them earlier in the year and they hinted pretty heavily that the tour wasn't selling well, and all in all they didn't seem very positive about the future.

Edited by fowls

Modest Mouse main stage? I think they'd be more like somewhere in the top 3 in the Radio 1 tent.

I doubt Good Shoes will still be around next year... I interviewed them earlier in the year and they hinted pretty heavily that the tour wasn't selling well, and all in all they didn't seem very positive about the future.

Well I'm sticking with this for the time being:

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Ian Brown

Glasvegas

The Long Blondes

I doubt very much if The Long Blondes will still be about next year....Things ain't looking too good for them at the moment.

They're not *that* good anyway, so it won't be much of a loss.

some of these suggestions scare me

for example people are ACCTUALLY entertaining the fact of artic monkeys and such and such as HEADLINERS?

this is reading, not f**king V

i reckon if their new album goes really well slipknot would be a good shout?

then again it would have to do really well!

i am an avid deathcab and modest mouse fan ( i have sen modest mouse 6 times) but even i think they would be like third on the radio one at best

some of these suggestions scare me

for example people are ACCTUALLY entertaining the fact of artic monkeys and such and such as HEADLINERS?

this is reading, not f**king V

i reckon if their new album goes really well slipknot would be a good shout?

then again it would have to do really well!

i am an avid deathcab and modest mouse fan ( i have sen modest mouse 6 times) but even i think they would be like third on the radio one at best

"AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice World Tour will open on October 28th at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The show kicks off a series of US arena shows, to be followed by a round of stadium dates next summer.

Tickets for upcoming US dates will go on sale the weekend of September 20th at Ticketmaster and the band's website, www.ACDC.com. Additional appearances throughout North and South America, EUROPE, and Asia, will be announced shortly."

Reading next summer perhaps? Whatever the case, I can't wait to see them on a stadium tour of the UK!

Green Day, Kings Of Leon or Arctics, AC/DC.

Think Weezer will be in there too, and maybe Slipknot. Lostprophets and Billy Talent could make a comeback after going down really well in '07.

I also think Enter Shikari will probably headline NME (or co-headline) or be a mid-afternoon band.

I love how much 'indie' is thrown around. Calling Oasis indie is like calling Stone Roses and Blur indie... you'd put them in the same genre as Mystery Jets or The Kooks? Please...

Oasis

Green Day (I'd rather they weren't given the spot though, waste in my opinion).

.... (I'd like KOL, after their performance in '07, and their headline slots this year, it would be welcomed by me. The new album is also pretty good).

I love how much 'indie' is thrown around. Calling Oasis indie is like calling Stone Roses and Blur indie... you'd put them in the same genre as Mystery Jets or The Kooks? Please...

Oasis

Green Day (I'd rather they weren't given the spot though, waste in my opinion).

.... (I'd like KOL, after their performance in '07, and their headline slots this year, it would be welcomed by me. The new album is also pretty good).

"AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice World Tour will open on October 28th at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The show kicks off a series of US arena shows, to be followed by a round of stadium dates next summer.

Tickets for upcoming US dates will go on sale the weekend of September 20th at Ticketmaster and the band's website, www.ACDC.com. Additional appearances throughout North and South America, EUROPE, and Asia, will be announced shortly."

Reading next summer perhaps? Whatever the case, I can't wait to see them on a stadium tour of the UK!

Edited by metallimuse

Personally i think it'l be the Monkeys one night.

Reasons ?

With the new album out in the Spring and them never headlining, not to mention the fact that they are possibly the biggest band in Britain, or will be when the third record comes out.

Oh yeah, and they are f**king AWESOME.