2009 Headliners - Place your bets now

Guest Ed209

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Kings have been a sure thing since lat year really as theyve gone from being the popular alternative band to being the mainstream indie headliner like Killers and Razorlight in recent years as Kings have become ridiculusly popular

Arctics seem to be certain to headline now with the new album on the way and for the fact they havent headlined yet

Seems to be either Radiohead-Blink 182-AC/DC-Green Day

Cant see Radiohead playing as they are going to start work on a new album in the near future and it seems that they are to close to the arctics and kings really. Think Blink hve a massive chance to do it as Reading offered the Libs a couple of million for Reading and reckon Blink would defo do it as it seems that they need a pay day. + they would go down really well. AC/DC would be brilliant to headline and probably be the one band i wouldnt miss all weekend. Not playing Download now eithe so seems the best place for them. Would perfectly fit to headline the sunday aswell. Green day are also likely with a new album out soon and not playing for so long.

Really cant see another band headlining as they hav either played too recently, no point in them headlining or just unrealisic

i agree with absoloultey everything above ^^^

im praying for blink 182.

i cant believe libertines turned down 2 million cus carl barat said his "spitriualist thinks pete doherty is full of bad energy"

no one gives a f**k about dirty pretty things

no one gives a f**k about babyshambles

god would be present for a libertines reunion.

i do think Reading/Leeds will fight it out with V Fest for the Blur re-union headline. one of the two normally gets that sort of act, as well Glasto of course! For a recent example The Verve did Glasto and V, and Reading organisers say they have tried to get the Libertines reunion and failed so they may fork out big money to get Blur over V fest. If Oasis do V i would has at a guess Blur would do Reading, Or the other way around of course!

Green Day would be good, defo their sort of festival.

If Blur aren't playing, then the altenative headliner for that night for me would have be Arctic Monkeys. a good act for the more "indie" of the days, Killers seemed to work last year so Artics would be a safe bet to draw a crowd IMO.

I hope KOL aren't there, boring act, and the wrong sort of headliner for Reading. IMO of course!!!

Bigger slots this year for MGMT, Black Kids, Gaslight Anthem and Glasvegas i expect, based on the huge crowds seeing them last year!

• 2 weeks later...
???

2007 - Smashing Pumpkins

2006 - Pearl Jam

2004 - Green Day

2002 - Prodigy (at Reading)

2001 - Eminem

2000 - Sterophonics

1999 - RHCP

1998 - Garbage

1996 - Stone Roses

1995 - Neil Young