SOS Masterticket - HELP!

Guest catherineboro

Yes yes, im yet another who bought tickets from sos master ticket - how foolish. I too have been told to contact a guy called richard barker?!? I have spoken to him once and he said that so that everyone is not calling the same number on friday (tomorrow) the company would be making more numbers available. I have tried calling the office number but it is either engaged or they do not answer!!! I have enquired about refunds also but it states in their small print that only a portion of the total cost is refundable and that this is via credit note - my experience of credit notes is that you have to use these to buy other tickets, i.e its not actual money!

Anyway, I will be trapsing up to hylands tomorrow prepared to be driving a round trip. This whole experience has been a nightmare but I suppose i still have a small amount of hope.

Please please please post if you have further information? Also, has anyone had the same issues with the other V festival venue?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i too have bought tickets from sos masterticket, although at the moment I am being quite positive about it, they have always answered my calls and I called them this morning (Thurday) and still answered, they are gonna be in hylands from 5pm today so I gonna go up early and get them (I dont live to far away)

I will post babck if all goes well or not, but at the moment I think they will be there.

I will eat my hat if not lol

Richard Barker is the name I got too, so will be interested to see if you get your tickets. A heads up post would be awesome. I too am fairly confident that we may get them as they have always answered my calls too, and gave me the same information you have just spoken of. But failing that I suppose I will try get a couple of tickets at the venue. Credit card company said as long as I turn up to see if they are there and get a witness (policeman etc) then will be refunded anyway.

I rang this Richard Barker on 07939328207 yesterday on my girlfriends behalf (she is going with a mate) and spoke to him at length.

He said they will be at V in Chelmsford from 5pm this evening and it will be best to ring him then to get an idea of where they are going to be set up to distribute tickets.

He also said they will be holding helium balloons with SOS Masterticket on so people can find them.

He said people can of course ring them on Friday when they get to the site to find out where they are but festival mobile phone reception can be variable (this is true) that's why he said to ring ahead tonight to find out.

He said he'd had hundreds of calls all week from other people concerned about the method in which to obtain tickets they'd bought via the site.

Bottom line is he sounded personable, and understanding of peoples worries. And I wonder why a bunch of scammers would make themselves so freely available by phone to people who've bought tickets from their site and give instructions on how to collect them at the festival entrance. It would be a really elaborate con. Surely they'd just take the money and run.

Anyway my girlfriend is going to get there at around 11am tomorrow morning and will phone me as soon as she's got her tickets, or as soon as she's found out she's been ripped off.

As soon as I know either way I shall post on here to let everyone know.

Keep everything crossed everyone!

Edited by DBG

Hello All,

Ben here down the road from Hylands in Moulsham St working (not long now).

I am in the same boat as the others on here, I have rang richard and I am going to meet him at the site on my way home after 6 to pick up my x2 weekend camping tickets.

Should be fine, I have a scanned copy of a friend's ticket to make sure they are not snides. i will post on here when I am home with an informed update.

Fingers crossed! Im an Optomist!

Bring on the weekend and all its experiences

Ben

Hi Ben,

Did Richard tell you where to meet him, I have been trying to call his mobile for ages now and its engaged, I was goign to go down there tonight and try a get my tickets. Any info would be great ;)

Hello All,

Ben here down the road from Hylands in Moulsham St working (not long now).

I am in the same boat as the others on here, I have rang richard and I am going to meet him at the site on my way home after 6 to pick up my x2 weekend camping tickets.

Should be fine, I have a scanned copy of a friend's ticket to make sure they are not snides. i will post on here when I am home with an informed update.

Fingers crossed! Im an Optomist!

Bring on the weekend and all its experiences

Ben

To V Festival Customer

It is our duty to inform you that we are unable to for fill any remaining orders for V Festival Tickets-Camping or otherwise.

Negotiations with the promoters of the V Festival this year have broken down and for reasons we cannot disclose they are unwilling to provide us with the remaining tickets for the event.

Please be assured that each and every one of our customers will be refunded in full onto the card paid with no later than Friday 29th August.

Obviously we are aware that many of you have made travel arrangements and various other financial outlays in order to attend the Festival and from Tuesday 19th August we will be looking at compensation packages for individual cases to reimburse any costs incurred.

We deeply regret that we have let our customers down and we cannot apologise enough for this immeasurable inconvenience.

If you are still hoping to attend the Festival it will be possible to purchase tickets for the event from sources other than us, including the Box Office and people selling unwanted tickets.

Once again my sincerest apologies,

Christopher Stock

Managing Director

SOSMASTERTICKET.SL

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Went down there after work and pulled into main entrance, was waiting with about 15 other cars. All had instructions for after 6, 6.15 came and one person got through, said he would be there at 6.30. No show and at 6.55 a steward came over and directed us to another entrance, few more cars here and no sign of them.

They have ripped us all off, slowly we all left just got home now and I am livid. Dont know what to do really, will chase the money from my credit card people and go down tomorrow to deal with a tout.

I would advise anybody in the same boat to do the same, make sure you get the tout to come to the exchange with you for the wrist band, there are some good fakes out there but all tickets are being barcode read this year so be careful.

I feel so sh*t, would not mind if I knew it was a scam on monday or even yesterday as I could have found another ticket. But spoke with the guy everyday including today and was reassured. Can only think they kept it going till the last minute to clear as much money before dissapearing.

All the other gigs on the site are probably there to "flesh it out" and to increase the perception of a legit site. It is a LOT of money, I paid £180, times that by 500 and you have 90 grand. Thats without the other tickets.

Oh well, Karma will get them eventually. If anybody knows a name or anything associated with them let me have it. I have some friends who can track them.

benpmitchell@hotmail.com contact me there.

Hope everyone has a good festival no matter what.

Ben