Hari Krishna Stall

Guest ninja-style

It's near the Glade, if you're walking up the path towards the railway track with the Glade on your right you're pretty much there (It's on the left side of the path).

As much as you don't pay money for it, I think there's some karmic cost to it - I've spent £175 on the luxury of a long weekend at the festival, so is it right for me to be accepting charity from people who's religion there's zero chance of me converting to?

I don't think they generally put any pressure on you, or even try to sell you their religion - but there has to be an aspect of doing it as a way to attract converts. I find it hard to believe there's a significant number of genuinely needy mouths to feed at the festival as it is today.

in 2004 i had £40 for the whole festival and i visited the hari krishna place a few times and has a lovely lentil curry thing with a nan bread it was nice. compared to the other food on site its a bit bland but it was a ncie warm dry place to eat and the monks did some praying which was nice to watch too.

They always used to collar me in the carparks and try and sell me joss sticks, although not for the last few years. Never tried the food though

Went last year to the Krishna tent. They didn't preach at all, gave a small donation to them. Really nice people and although not the greatest food still very tasty and filling.

the food, last year anyway, was 'tarka dahl' - like curried lentils with a lush garlic / chili topping. genuinely amazing food. you get a big helping and a poppadom too. i've tried cooking it at home but nothing's come close!

The directions are correct and the 'vibe' seemed fine. They do have a message to pass on but hey they are feeding you for free and the only payment they want is open ears and a return off good will. That and you shave your head, burn your shoes and dance round with some tiny cymbals in a saffron robe, either way a small price to pay!

(the last part is made up and they are nice people in there - no attitude like some of the eco-nazis up in the Green Fields)

I love dahl, it's great! I love all that kind of veggie/curry food though, I could happily just live on Indian food forever. Dunno if the Krishna's are Indian - are they? But I think dahl is.

I think I will check them out, it's not as if they are going to be feeding the needy, but then if no-one came along they would be lonely.

I was walking up the railway path two years ago when they came along out on manouvres, playing drums and tiny little bells. It sounded so beautiul I was almost tempted to run off with them and start a new life. But I just went to LV instead. And got shitfaced. On Stella.

I was walking up the railway path two years ago when they came along out on manouvres, playing drums and tiny little bells. It sounded so beautiul I was almost tempted to run off with them and start a new life. But I just went to LV instead. And got shitfaced. On Stella.