Gazebo's

watpoae

Last year we took an Argos special £15 gazebo and after continually getting a hard time off security we ended up taking it down.

i think the no gazebo rule is stupid really, if there's a group of people camping together they'll all congregate in the middle of their tents anyway so it's not like they're taking up any more room.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that would be allowed? Camping shelters etc? If memory serves me right I think a few people did their own DIY type ones.

We got away without one last year because of the weather, if it's bad this year the campsite is hardly going to be very social without one if it's chucking it down!

Thanks.

Got advised by a couple of friendly security fellas to take a small one down a couple of years ago. They weren't very insistent and left without us bothering to take it down. It was in the space between 3 tents.

As you say, if used considerately don't see a problem especially if it rains. Some of the tents these days are massive and there's always room at kc to have your chairs outside.

Hopefully they will increase the camping space to accommodate extra ticket sales rather than just squeezing more into existing space and banning gazebos.

There were loads of gazebos being confiscated on the way in last year, If they're used sensibly I don't see a problem either but I've seen loads in the past where they tape off a 20 ft square area between tents and expect to keep the space as their own. 

Agree, started even seeing people cordoning off their own private spaces with beach windbreakers. For security first advice you're given is get to know your neighbours, not sure how you can when the first message you get is 'this is our space, you're not welcome'.

Yeah marking off a big space with tape is something you see more and more. Poor form.

I didn't realise they were stopping gazebos going in. It's not a thing I own but have been in plenty camps where we have one over the middle space where you sit / cook. 

Increase the fields space available seems a better solution.

They wouldn't though - it doesn't happen at festivals where they are allowed.

If your point is the space they take up then how are they taking up more room in camps where there's 5 or 6 tents and a small area in the middle where people congregate with their chairs? They just cover the area already taken?

It's a shocking rule.