The "I've had a few and shouldn't be posting on social media" Thread

Tranquility of Solitude

No real reason for starting this thread, other than the fact that lately I've only been stalking, and posting after a few beers. Sometimes it's a bit "In Vino Veritas" but at others (I'm sorry) but it's probably a bit obnoxious. So fill your boots here, nothing will be taken to heart, or too seriously.

I love Radiohead. Joni Mitchell. Mott the Hoople. The Band. Van the Man. And Taylor Swift. 

I freekin hate all rap and hip hop. It's just sh1t.

That's the kind of thing I'm after in this thread..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

This is exactly what I'm after. May be a generational thing? My kids love this nonsense..... so Stormzy or The National? Boy Better Know or Ed Sheeran?

Given that Mott the Hoople aren't playing this year of course.

No Post-millennium hip hop fires me up that much to be honest. This is an exception.

Edited by bamber

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

This is exactly what I'm after. May be a generational thing? My kids love this nonsense..... so Stormzy or The National? Boy Better Know or Ed Sheeran?

Given that Mott the Hoople aren't playing this year of course.

Hey Tos, check this out as well. Cracking tune. Ye lush. 

32 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

No real reason for starting this thread, other than the fact that lately I've only been stalking, and posting after a few beers. Sometimes it's a bit "In Vino Veritas" but at others (I'm sorry) but it's probably a bit obnoxious. So fill your boots here, nothing will be taken to heart, or too seriously.

I love Radiohead. Joni Mitchell. Mott the Hoople. The Band. Van the Man. And Taylor Swift. 

I freekin hate all rap and hip hop. It's just sh1t.

That's the kind of thing I'm after in this thread..

Strangely enough, I haven't had an alcoholic drink all day. I've just had a joint though, and that's making me want to pour a glass of red wine, which I think I'm about to go off and do.

I do like a wide range of music, but just cannot stand heavy metal music. It's completely intolerable to me.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Strangely enough, I haven't had an alcoholic drink all day. I've just had a joint though, and that's making me want to pour a glass of red wine, which I think I'm about to go off and do.

I do like a wide range of music, but just cannot stand heavy metal music. It's completely intolerable to me.

Lynyrd Skynyrd are good. Deep Purple "Made in Japan" is one of the best live albums ever (after Too Late to Stop Now by Van).

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd are good. Deep Purple "Made in Japan" is one of the best live albums ever (after Too Late to Stop Now by Van).

Skynyrd are good. Deep Purple too. True.

Not a patch on the Hip Hop Though

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm fairly sure that I wouldn't enjoy those suggestions if they are heavy metal. Really -  I can't stand the stuff.

No metal ( or jesse j so far :)  )

Give em a listen. Obviously my video is the best. :D

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

No metal ( or jesse j so far :)  )

Give em a listen. Obviously my video is the best. :D

It's no good. I've tried your video and the Lynyrd Skynyrd  one, and they just aren't my cup of tea. 

I gave away most of the vinyl in my record collection to a student last year. As I was going through the collection with my wife, it became very evident that my musical tastes were very gay. I have moved on since, but kind of regret giving my vinyl away now.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Is this a private joke? You bunch of bastards. In keeping with the theme of the thread, I'm drunk and paranoid. Fuck off.

Fear not. It's not that private a joke. I think it's because bamber posts Jessie J videos. At least I think that's the reason. Now I've gone all paranoid as well. Fuck off.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's no good. I've tried your video and the Lynyrd Skynyrd  one, and they just aren't my cup of tea. 

I gave away most of the vinyl in my record collection to a student last year. As I was going through the collection with my wife, it became very evident that my musical tastes were very gay. I have moved on since, but kind of regret giving my vinyl away now.

I sold all my vinyl to raise money as a student in 1981 / 82 ish. Biggest mistake of my life. Still making do with digital copies of crap CD's.

All my earlier vinyl stuff was recorded on to tape, and has since been "digitised" ... I still prefer it when one of these comes on my random shuffle... the vinyl "crackle" just makes the sound for me.

In 2019 I want Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift and Blur subbed by Kendrick, QOTSA and a reunited Keane, any order. Legend slot to A-ha or something. And get a Prince tribute act to open the Pyramid or just bang his greatest hits out for an hour, let's have a dance. And, also, you should win stuff by watching