Questions about east cv

Rhioui

Hi everyone.

I'm taking a caravan to glasto this year and I

have a few questions.

1: How quickly does if fill up and how full will it be by wens about 12ish

2: I have friends who are traveling down on Monday night and should be one of the first ones in on Tuesday but will they be able to save us a spot?

3: if they cant save us a spot? can my friends pay for two pitches so I can have a pitch next to there's?

4: what's it like on Monday trying to leave site?

Is it better to get up early and try and beat the crowds or just chill and be one of the last out?

Cheers!!

Sorry I must sound like a right knob

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/191395-east-campervan-fields/#entry4595631

it's been about 6 years since I was in the campervan fields

and I can only echo what others have said in the chat forum

Have you thought about going to the west side , with it being much smaller you should be closer to each other

Edited by DeadAmos

You can ask to have the other thread moved here and merged.

West is smaller so sells out quicker.

You aren't going to be more than 10 minutes apart walking even if you arrive separately.

• 2 weeks later...

1: How quickly does if fill up and how full will it be by wens about 12ish we were there for 13:30 on Tuesday last year and were in the first row of E23 (next to E20), it filled up pretty steadily that day. Previous years a Weds arrival has put me in E14/18 or 17.
2: I have friends who are traveling down on Monday night and should be one of the first ones in on Tuesday but will they be able to save us a spot? stewards really didnt want to leave an additional space when i said a friend was 2 hours behind last year.. i parked the caravan a little bit squiffy and was able to fit their campervan in with a reshuffle on weds.
3: if they cant save us a spot? can my friends pay for two pitches so I can have a pitch next to there's? Not possible. buy your campervan pass next week and they send it to you in the post to display in your window on arrival.
4: what's it like on Monday trying to leave site? I have always left early (before 8am) on Monday or even sneaked out on a sunday late night once (actually busier) and always got to the road within 30 mins.
Is it better to get up early and try and beat the crowds or just chill and be one of the last out?

When we've left on Tuesdays we've often been directed out of the site in the opposite direction to the route we want to take.

A quick left and we'd be down to the M5 but we've been turned right and have had a 30 mile detour.

When we've left on Tuesdays we've often been directed out of the site in the opposite direction to the route we want to take.

A quick left and we'd be down to the M5 but we've been turned right and have had a 30 mile detour.

That's what's swaying me towards the west, I want quick exit onto the motorway.

I still think what's more important than arrival and depart is the trek back to your caravan/motorhome each night during the festival. If you're likely to end the night on the west side it's a drag to have to trek across the whole site to CV East and vice versa. My likely end of night is the Acoustic so East makes sense. If you're more of a John Peel type, then I'd go for West.

I still think what's more important than arrival and depart is the trek back to your caravan/motorhome each night during the festival. If you're likely to end the night on the west side it's a drag to have to trek across the whole site to CV East and vice versa. My likely end of night is the Acoustic so East makes sense. If you're more of a John Peel type, then I'd go for West.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't been for a while but always camped at pennard hill before, I'm likely to be around Arcadia, silver Hayes, beat hotel or around shangri la later at night so Im still not really sure. West seems closer to pennard hill and that worked ok for me in the past. I tossed a coin and west won so I might just try for that and go east if not successful.