Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

Am I the only one thinking that there's still one more big(-ish) act to be announced?

I say this mainly because, on the FIB wwebsite, there's a sideshow of the big acts and it goes: PrProdigy, Florence and then there's a gap (link to location info), then port, noel, Jamie.

Surely they're going to shove an act in there?

Not by the looks of it.

Melvin has made it clear he doesn't plan on making FIB as big as it used to be just yet so to shove in another act would go against that.. unless he's bluffing which I doubt.

But also, they have Stromae on that slide show. Okay he does have a decent following but really shouldn't be an advert for FIB considering their demographic doesn't include fans of Belgian hip-hop. For this reason I think they are shoving any half well known acts from the latest announcement on to make it look like they have a lot up their sleeve, when they've really given us all they have.

But of course it's stupid to base any ideas from photos on the website, it probably means nothing.

Edited by dsbeale

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably right! Anyway, I'd rather any budget for acts be spent on a consistently strong undercard, and a few headliners I don't mind, than 4 massive headline and a dire undercard

Spot on. Seems that way this year considering we'll be getting more decent undercard I think.

Portishead headlining Latitude on Sat night, and Noel G headlining Sunday night - both FIB and Latitude organised by Festival Republic these days. Maybe we will have Portishead Thu, and Noel on Friday? Alt J are their Fri headliner at Latitude. There's a few on the Latitude line-up that I'd also like to see at FIB, such as the Vaccines, Caribou, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Django Django, & PSB, although some of these might be exclusively signed into other Spanish festivals this summer?

Re; headliners, I doubt FIB will get any more either, however I'd class Noel G as 4th headliner, in addition to Florence, Prodigy & Portishead - that's a decent set of headliners IMO - especially if Portishead to the quieter/more low key Thu night.

Thu - Portishead

Fri - Noel G /Los Planetas (but Noel will be a much bigger draw anyway)

Sat - Prodigy

Sun - Florence

I' be happy with that, with a decent under-card (especially Jungle), which is already starting to look good, some 4-5 months in advance!!!

Edited by andytommo

Portishead headlining Latitude on Sat night, and Noel G headlining Sunday night - both FIB and Latitude organised by Festival Republic these days. Maybe we will have Portishead Thu, and Noel on Friday? Alt J are their Fri headliner at Latitude. There's a few on the Latitude line-up that I'd also like to see at FIB, such as the Vaccines, Caribou, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Django Django, & PSB, although some of these might be exclusively signed into other Spanish festivals this summer?

Re; headliners, I doubt FIB will get any more either, however I'd class Noel G as 4th headliner, in addition to Florence, Prodigy & Portishead - that's a decent set of headliners IMO - especially if Portishead to the quieter/more low key Thu night.

Thu - Portishead

Fri - Noel G /Los Planetas (but Noel will be a much bigger draw anyway)

Sat - Prodigy

Sun - Florence

I' be happy with that, with a decent under-card (especially Jungle), which is already starting to look good, some 4-5 months in advance!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get The Vaccines and/or alt-J as subs to be honest. Perhaps alt-J subbing Portishead and The Vaccines subbing Florence?

As for headliners, I agree, we won't be getting any more.

alt-J are playing Primevera doesn't that mean they can't play Beni? and also would there be a chance of SBTRKT?

Ah apologies, I hadn't looked at their tour dates. They're playing Primavera and BBK Bilbao so they won't be at Beni, my bad.

SBTRKT is a good shout for one of the early hours post-headliner sets actually. Not playing in Spain this summer and playing Longitude (run by FR) on the same weekend as FIB. Could only play on the Thursday though.

Edited by gweb

If you look on the prodigy website they have tour dates and Bencassim is down as the 16th july. I thought that was just the date of start of festival but if you look at other festivals they are doing the date they have is a specific one ie on a saturday or sunday so i would say that means they are playing on the thursday.

Has anyone hired a car before? Thinking of doing it as it's not much more than the airport transfers, and it helps with shop runs etc. Is Spain a bad place to drive?

Yes I have driven twice before from Barcelona. It is very handy for stocking up on the way but I would recommend sharing the driving as the journey back to the airport after the festival is a killer trying to stay awake!

Yes I have driven twice before from Barcelona. It is very handy for stocking up on the way but I would recommend sharing the driving as the journey back to the airport after the festival is a killer trying to stay awake!

Thanks. The driving back won't be an issue for me as we're staying the Monday night as well. My concern is how busy it is, but the town isn't usually full of traffic from what I've seen.

Who are people hoping for to be added to the lineup? I am happy with the lineup so far as I love Noel G, Jamie T, Crystal Fighters & Florence but still hope there's a few more decent bands added.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Maccabees, Miles Kane & Palma Violets but not sure how likely it is that they'll be added.

Happy with this addition. Missed them at 2006 Beni cuz I was trying to get laid!

I doubt they'll play many Franz songs if any tbh, FFS are writing an album together so I'd imagine it'll all be material from that.

Might get a few synthed-up versions of some old Franz songs I guess, which would be cool.