Reading Camping

Guest 6t6o6m

I know there maybe be previous articles on this but I just wanted to make an up to date one. I have seen the map has not released as of yet but may I get some tips.

I bought a white parking pass and I need to figure out where to camp. Heading there with a mate but I want to be able to camp where I'll have a nice spot where I have space to put a chair and swig a beer without getting my toes stuck under some one else's tent.

Amy help will be gladly received! Went to Download 5 years ago so I'm basically a noob.

Well I camped in Brown last year but have previously camped in Orange and Purple. I enjoyed Brown more because there's still a buzz to the area but it's a damn sight quieter and more spacious.

Saying that, Orange while being more livelier was still fully enjoyable and we had enough room for a fire each night and camp chairs.

Purple was horrible though. Sure perhaps that was because I was pretty young and we got there quite late on the Thursday so had hardly any room but it was ram packed and noisey until around 4/5am.

Go with what you want for your experience. I would suggest though staying well away from Purple or Yellow.

I hope that helps but fire any questions my way if need be.

Stay away from yellow because that's where all the people who shouldn't be let out unsupervised camp.

Yeah, purple is packed but we found a nice place right on the border with orange in 2012 that was fab, good bit of space and no pricks. Okay, someone came along Sunday night & destroyed all the tents but he later ended up in the Thames so that was fine.

Brown is cool just a bit of a trek, but I'd say worth it for the space (I've never actually camped there, just spent some time there :ninja:)

Go anywhere but yellow (unless you're a prick, then stay in yellow)

Cheers, I can assure you that I'm not a prick but some people may beg to differ. Looking at the older maps I will probably look to the back end of brown as white has a real ale bar and I like my beer. If yellow is to go by what black (I think) at download (closest to arena fair ground rides) then yeah I will stay away. I want to be an area with social people where I can relax chat and have a laugh with non twats then the weekend will be a success.

Thanks, real ale is quality. Hangovers are so much worse than if you're on the lager or cider. I think the rule of thumb is correct, I don't want to be in white though due to it being quiet camping. I don't want to be told to shut up if I'm enjoying a beer at 1am and chatting to a mate.