Happy Mondays

Shed 7

Starsailor

Esperanza

Franz Ferdinand

Buzzcocks

Jericho Hill

Death in Vegas

Forgot about Happy Mondays. Thats a good shout as at Kendal the week after. Esperanza is another good call. Don`t think they played last year but saw the lead singer on site a couple of times ( had seen them at Kelburn a few weeks before ) and they have played before. Them and Bombskare would be good in the tent.

Savages ( don`t know anything about them but described as " post punk " ) could be in the Scooter tent as announcing festival appearance tomorrow.

Edited to add: Also forgot about the Fratellis. Almost sure that his new band was booked a few years back put split up before the fest and think the Fratellis are back. Hopefully wouldn`t be headliners.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Already got my ticket.....you got yours, or are two festivals in a row to much for you?

No I could easily mange 2 but the second one I presume your talking about isn't really a festival it's just a celebration of all things Manchester in a field in the community I happen to live and work it's got a bit boring now so I'm not going ! But I can still have fun when they roll into town mancfest just in other ways lol !

Any how stick to latitude crack is your beloved hotpots are doing a secret set !

For those who haven't seen:

First Acts announced for Wickerman 2014:

• Dizzee Rascal (Headliner and Scottish Exclusive)
  • The Feeling
  • Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
  • The Zombies
  • Big Country
  • Finding Albert
  • Model Aeroplanes

My personal opinion, to be honest my first reaction when I saw Mr Rascal was headlining was "Oh Dear". Mainly because it came as a total suprise as it was not what I was expecting in the slightest (as you can see by my terrible earlier predictions!!!) and because I thought it might put off some of my other similar 30 year old mates who had not bought an Early Bird ticket like I had.

Now i've had a few hours to absorb the fact that Dizzee is headlning, and i've looked at the other acts who are playing i've reached the conclusion that this lineup is a stroke of genius. Don't get me wrong its divisive and a total gamble by the wickerman organisers but its so left field that i've got to admire their booking logic. You have a bit of Hip hop, soul, rock, indie, pop and up and coming acts and this is just the first announcement.

My mates have all reacted rather positively to Dizzee Rascal as well as they all think it will be a bit of a laugh.

It makes me very excited for the rest of the lineup... but thats just my 2 pence worth!

Edited by mmfactor

For those who haven't seen:

First Acts announced for Wickerman 2014:

• Dizzee Rascal (Headliner and Scottish Exclusive)
  • The Feeling
  • Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
  • The Zombies
  • Big Country
  • Finding Albert
  • Model Aeroplanes

My personal opinion, to be honest my first reaction when I saw Mr Rascal was headlining was "Oh Dear". Mainly because it came as a total suprise as it was not what I was expecting in the slightest (as you can see by my terrible earlier predictions!!!) and because I thought it might put off some of my other similar 30 year old mates who had not bought an Early Bird ticket like I had.

Now i've had a few hours to absorb the fact that Dizzee is headlning, and i've looked at the other acts who are playing i've reached the conclusion that this lineup is a stroke of genius. Don't get me wrong its divisive and a total gamble by the wickerman organisers but its so left field that i've got to admire their booking logic. You have a bit of Hip hop, soul, rock, indie, pop and up and coming acts and this is just the first announcement.

My mates have all reacted rather positively to Dizzee Rascal as well as they all think it will be a bit of a laugh.

It makes me very excited for the rest of the lineup... but thats just my 2 pence worth!

If you've not seen him live before make sure you give him a blast...he puts on a bloody good show. You will not be bored! One of the best headliners I've seen in the last few years for getting the crowd going.

I agree, my first thought was oh no not my kind of thing, but after thinking about it for a bit he will be a great headliner.

He is an entertainer, the songs are lively, after a few sherberts will be great fun for all ages.

Still recon The Beat may play in Scooter so there will be options.

After the Wickerman has been torched on the Saturday night they have a dj set on the main stage to end the festival. In 2012 it was a Mike Skinner dj set which was shite, last year it was PSB playing after the burning.

Not really a link more a slot they played

Mike Skinner was a shambles after the burning. Was an interesting booking but just didn`t work. Hopefully this year they will manage to get the headliners to finish then the burning / fireworks then back to the main stage act without all the delays.

Would like to see Craig Charles back in this slot. Utah Saints were brilliant as well. Always a great end to the weekend when they get it right.

If you've not seen him live before make sure you give him a blast...he puts on a bloody good show. You will not be bored! One of the best headliners I've seen in the last few years for getting the crowd going.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This. I was at the back. Were you going Bonkers down the front Lippy ?