2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw neil who can you rule out as 3rd headliners or close to rule out. SOAD/Linkin Park/Green Day?

Green Day I can - in theory - rule out completely. I have info which says they're next in the UK for an arena tour in Sept, and that info should be solid.

However ... I have info from another source which says they're headlining. While that other source has good reason to know who the headliners are it's actually often the case that people like him actually don't.

I'm going on the basis that the first thing I say there is 100% right and the 2nd source isn't right - but it's not impossible that I'm wrong to do that. Unlikely, but not impossible.

The others I have no info on.

Green Day I can - in theory - rule out completely. I have info which says they're next in the UK for an arena tour in Sept, and that info should be solid.

However ... I have info from another source which says they're headlining. While that other source has good reason to know who the headliners are it's actually often the case that people like him actually don't.

I'm going on the basis that the first thing I say there is 100% right and the 2nd source isn't right - but it's not impossible that I'm wrong to do that. Unlikely, but not impossible.

You said they wont cover Nirvana, i was just showing you it'd happened before. Also as its the 20 year anniversary of when Nirvana headlined, and a member of Nirvana is headlining, at his confessed favourite festival i'm sure he'd commemorate it one way or another

Edited by mrtourette

I run the risk of being a hopeful Green Day fan, but the arena tour doesn't necessarily rule out a fest as well does it? Makes it less likely certainly, but it's not entirely unheard if for a band to do both. Unless the info is that they're not doing a fest as a result, in which case I happily withdraw my enquiry.

I run the risk of being a hopeful Green Day fan, but the arena tour doesn't necessarily rule out a fest as well does it? Makes it less likely certainly, but it's not entirely unheard if for a band to do both. Unless the info is that they're not doing a fest as a result, in which case I happily withdraw my enquiry.

the info I've had about an arena tour defo rules out a festival appearance - on the basis that they're not playing in the UK until that arena tour (cos that was the info I had).

Me saying that is of course based on the presumption that that info is correct. As I've said, I have the possibility in my mind that it's not, but I defo strongly lean towards it being right.

This is on NME:

"The Black Keys released their seventh studio album 'El Camino' in December last year. Auerbach recently revealed that he and drummer Patrick Carney will be playing UK festivals this summer, but couldn't reveal which ones as they were "top secret", and also hinted that they had already begun planning the follow-up to their last LP."

Must mean R/L- Great band, can't wait!

Link- http://www.nme.com/news/the-black-keys--3/62283