naked people at glastonbury?

Guest daveinafield

Before last year I last went in 1986...it is different to how it used to be...but its better in my opinion..I apprecciate it more now im older...I honestly had more fun last year..it still a really random magical place...you'll still love it..it feels like you're going home.. :rolleyes:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend has always said she wants to go for a very early morning wander naked just cos it's one of the few places she feel she could without being particularly noticed. she has no qualms about strangers seeing her but freaks at the thought of me waking up and catching her so she's not done it yet. so if you see a naked chick ambling round this year - that'll be her.

in 2003 i saw a naked lady get carried away by the security down near the other stage....she was enertaining herself with her magic fingers!! scared me a little. she didnt stop even with 4 security guys around her, mid air finger session was something i wish but sadly will never forget!!

Yes, there was (or might still be), a nudist area - up in or by the permaculture garden in the green fields. Also remember once (1999?) stumbling across a large marquee tent up around there somewhere that was just full of couples engaged in Tantric Sex (all the rage then, wasn't it Sting).

True, there used to be lots of other random nudity around too. Natural Theatre Co. used to do a good sketch with three nude performers, their modesty blurred only by an all over opaque body stocking. Others just used to walk around in the nip without a care. Old bill probably stop and search them now :rolleyes: Else they just nick them for indecent exposure.

Edited by Pinhead

I saw the naked rambler in either 2005 or 2007- the guy who's famous for trying to walk from Lands End to John O'Groats in the buff. He was wearing hiking boots and a hat IIRC.

Didn't see anyone fully naked last year although I did see a bloke in a Borat mankini on Sunday when Leonard Cohen was on.

There was a naked man at a food stand last year, his piece was eye level with a girl sat down eating she looked very upset. It started to drizzle so he opted for a monk like robe in his string bag. The final night he was at the stone circle gaining much protest, somebody stuck up for him so everyone turned on him saying 'why aren't you naked then?'.

There was a naked man at a food stand last year, his piece was eye level with a girl sat down eating she looked very upset. It started to drizzle so he opted for a monk like robe in his string bag. The final night he was at the stone circle gaining much protest, somebody stuck up for him so everyone turned on him saying 'why aren't you naked then?'.

my friend has always said she wants to go for a very early morning wander naked just cos it's one of the few places she feel she could without being particularly noticed. she has no qualms about strangers seeing her but freaks at the thought of me waking up and catching her so she's not done it yet. so if you see a naked chick ambling round this year - that'll be her.

Well I am one of the nudies! I love the fact that I can wander around and be nude at the festival without a care in the world. I camped naked last year and became good friends with all the people camped around me, who really seemed to like their naked neighbour, which I thought was fab!

scaryclaireyfairy (love your username!) you should tell your friend she should definitely go for a nude wander, as I'm sure she will really love it, I find it really adds to the magic of Glastonbury! But I'd advise she does it around the Green Field if it's the first time she's doing it as more people do it up there and I'm sure it would make her feel more reassured. She might even bump into me as I'm often up there having a sauna or nude bimble :(

I'd be more surprised if I didnt see nudity at Glastonbury, have no issues with it whatsoever, in fact more the merrier, might get people have less hang ups about theirs or other peoples bods, and might stop purile giggling or looks of disgust when a naked person walks by.

Personally cant wait for the Summer so I can visit the naturist beach at Studland Bay Dorset, one of the best around.

in 2003 i saw a naked lady get carried away by the security down near the other stage....she was enertaining herself with her magic fingers!! scared me a little. she didnt stop even with 4 security guys around her, mid air finger session was something i wish but sadly will never forget!!

unfortunately the hippy ideals of glastonbury of old have mostly vanished, if we see naked people now its probably just a group of 'lads' on a stag weekend who have drank too much cider. If you want a festival with more hippy ideals like old glasto go to one like the big green gathering.

(or ideally go to both!)

Nudity is all part of the eclectic appeal of Glastonbury......we had great fun trying to explain to my 12 & 14 year olds what a Prince Albert was after seeing a chap sporting only a back pack & said Prince Albert (and hiking boots).) in 2005. MB x

Well, I did see a flash of naked man run by up at the stone circle in the early hours of Sunday morning, but he was so fast I missed to see if he was cold or not. He was wearing a hat though. :P