This CD swap caper...

Guest gratedenini

having a browse round this wonderful glut of different threads and posts and topics etc---- came across that one where you swap cds.

WOW--whata good idea it seems. I felt i was gatcrashing so didnt reply,but do think its a great way of testing the water of otghers scollections.... for those who havent heard of it--what happens is something like this (i think).

Folks express an interest in the scheme... then you make a disc up from your collection-- whatever takes your fancy etc etc.. and then post it off to whoever is interested.

They then rexciprecate with their compilation.

I think its a great thing... maybe some folks are wary of giving addys out etc etc-- but if yer not too botherted about that... anybody interested in sampling some of our 4000 cds?

den

Great idea den. I'm in the glastonbury list but another one for wychwood would be great.

Would you make it just 'random whatever I've got in my collection' or 'this is what I'm going to enjoy at Wychwood'?

I'm up for doing a CD and getting no CDs in return (if this year's CD swap threads are anything to go by..... <_< ).

Bit of what I'm expecting to like at this year's fests, that is what you'll all get.

Right--how shall we do this? Shal we PM folks and give addys?

I`m gonna make a start trying to put a compilation togrther.... i`m not that proficient at this sort of thing mind--and i seem to fill the disc up quickly--the files always seem BIG. Someone gave me a disc the other week with what seemed like hundreds of tracks on. Technical help please?

Also --any sort of requests from our stuff--as in Blues/ Rock /Semi-Soft Stuff /Folk/ Weird/ German/Nice Stuff

Den

Den, were the 100s of tracks on a data CD that only the computer could read?

Thought I'd bring this back up to the top as wee seem to have a couple more Twig wanabees who might want to be involved now they've found us and got soooo enthusiastic.

Aye--I`m mentally trying to assemble a list--but iits flippin endless for me--I`m sat typing and another track comes on the ipod--oh I MUST put that one in etc etc--its doing me knapper in!

For Mr Blue --I`m doing a special compilation...

Wet Wet Wet

Slip Sliding Away

Sore Lips

Brown Sugar

In the wee wee hours

Paper Plane

(Pissin) Down Down, Deeper an Down (a Plastic Tube)

I`m drying up now....

no.. that last one was me just saying that I`m drying up now.

Gonna try put mine togethr next few days anyway.

den