CONFESSION

Guest marooned

As one of the Founder Members of the Wychwood Twigs - well, with only four or five members it ain't too hard to be one of the 'Founder Members' - I have a confession to make.

With all the 'bigging-up' I do on Wychwood's behalf, you'd think I'd be champing at the bit to buy Early Bird Tickets the minute they become available (especially, as a Wallet-Challanged Scot!)

No, I only purchased 2x Adult + 1 'live-in' vehicle five minutes ago = £225.

ONLY £3 'extras' - some other festivals could learn a lesson or two from that!!!

I half expected to be told they had sold out - is it worrying that they HAVN'T????

Think of the shame, if they had............

As one of the Founder Members of the Wychwood Twigs - well, with only four or five members it ain't too hard to be one of the 'Founder Members' - I have a confession to make.

With all the 'bigging-up' I do on Wychwood's behalf, you'd think I'd be champing at the bit to buy Early Bird Tickets the minute they become available (especially, as a Wallet-Challanged Scot!)

No, I only purchased 2x Adult + 1 'live-in' vehicle five minutes ago = £225.

ONLY £3 'extras' - some other festivals could learn a lesson or two from that!!!

I half expected to be told they had sold out - is it worrying that they HAVN'T????

Think of the shame, if they had............

Edited by gratedenini

Sorry - someone had to crack that pathetic 'twiglet' joke - not up to my usual standard

- rather wooden, in fact!

Now that I've finally bought me tickets, I'm planning to come up to Cheltenham before the 12 mid-day advisory time. That's when we arrived last year - and we were way back in the queue.

How early did anyone else arrive. Yarmouth to Lymington 4.40 morning Ferry for us - but, it'll be worth it!!

Last year, as I remember, was a scorcher - strangely enough the Womad Festival (held a stone's throw away from Wychwood) was WORSE than any of the Glastonmuds I've been too - it was the only festival I've ever been to where they were towing Campervans ONTO THE SITE - I kid ye not!!

We didn't go last year but in 2006 I think we didn't arrive before about 2ish and got straight in. You're right howie it is through residential streets which caused a problem leaving on monday morning- the signs were great to the racecourse but not so good going away.

Are they gonna dish out a map in advance?

Or can anyone post last year's? So that we don't camp as newbies downwind of some nasty latrines or behind a 24-hour reggae cafe :ph34r:

If the kids could handle it, I'm quite sure I could more than manage :ph34r:

LOL!

Difficult choice actually....For us Family would seem the obvious choice but would we get told off if drinking & chatting past midnight?

...."Voice of God" from Beautiful Days springs to mind!

For TSU family + HSC family best on the borders of "Family Camping Area"....i.e the less quiet border <_<

Edited by gratedenini

Its a difficult one this isnt it--where to plonk. Obviously--we got sprogs-- but only once have we been bothered by extra curriculum stuff... was at Thimbleberry --now THAT is a weird do that one--not too far from us actually. The baby was about 6 months old--it was freezin,wet,no facilities etc etc---which was no probs --we dossed it. I remember Sil phoning up The National Breast Feeding line from the back of the camper to ask if how long weed stays in the system. Larmer went on bottles from then on!!

Anyway-- there was a 24hr music tent--and it was LOUD... i was getting pissed off with that after the 3rd night.

One of the highlights for us is the return to the enclave after proceedings for mixers,chat and a snack perhaps..sat round the little fire (ooops shite-- I said FIRE there). A bit of music and noise is all part of festy life isnt it-- its where you draw the line though... we`ve been in family areas and have got stick off other families cos they wanna get to bed at 11pm etc etc--y`know what its like. In general--i think family areas are more chew than ordinary areas.

Of course--sometimes you hit unlucky and you do get next to the 24hr Reggae Van (sorry--I just cannot abide reggae).

I hate it how folks (particulary families) whinge on about this and that at fests... DONT FRIGGIN GO ! I`d say.

Oh--theres none of this--and none of that..why isnt this here--why isnt that here etc etc... STAY AT FOOKIN HOME.

Nobody can say we havent served our time as festies-- we expect nowt but the most basic of facilities.. you make the most of what you`ve got imo... on the other hand--as has been mentioned--you are paying good money so therefore should expect a reasonable level of facilities.

Hells Flame-- I was scouring that Benniscam site --the one in Spain--and this lassie was going BEEE_SERK about the state of the lavvies etc--loads of pics showing terrible mess. Lots of replies slated her for complaining--but the point is-- when you get a huge crowd of punters together--somehow we collectively turn into PIGS... esp the bogs.

BOGS N BINS-- 2 of the biggest concerns for festy-goers.

.... need tea now...den (was this thread about family camping?) the rambling twig from the Narth

Mmmmm, Flushing Toilets (Glasto 2004).......

& wrt Den's essay on dust particles camping in fields and geeting narky with each other, loudest thing in Beautiful Days family camping area 2006 was the Dance Tent's bass, right over the other end of the site. <_<

There's a section for early-to-beds & it's not family camping. Therefore family camping is where we're parking. Much shit will be talked......