Camp Funk2008-----------Kidney Mead-----join THE Party !

Guest mrfunk

Count me in if it's not full by the time I get there. Bus is leaving Liverpool at 10.30am on the Wedensday so should get there late afternoon hopefully.

Last year I camped at Lower Mead below the Cinema field - was a good location as it was close to John Peel, Dance Village and Pyramid, but I only noticed the electricity pylons after I'd setup my tent! When it rained they buzzed like anything.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in if it's not full by the time I get there. Bus is leaving Liverpool at 10.30am on the Wedensday so should get there late afternoon hopefully.

Last year I camped at Lower Mead below the Cinema field - was a good location as it was close to John Peel, Dance Village and Pyramid, but I only noticed the electricity pylons after I'd setup my tent! When it rained they buzzed like anything.

Hi all

My mate has now managed to get time off work and come with me. When I thought I was going on my own I got chatting to another girl who was in same position and she said to add her to camp funk. Another girl also contact her to join us so please update the list to klc0052 + 3 !! Brilliant the more the merrier I said. Myself plus 1 will join you with the large tent (marquee really!) early weds morning and also will put up another tent for the other 2 as wont be there till late thurs.

Are there any directons you can give me to get to KM from PGC or is it quite straight forward. Just look for flag maybe?!! Will be hopefully there by 9am.

Something I noticed about my firewood tent - I left the inner tent and groundsheet behind in my garage, so I've only got the poles, pegs and flysheet. But it's an 'erect inner bit first' dome tent, which means the bits the poles attach to are part of the inner tent and not in the bag of stuff I packed. I'm sure we'll be fine with it, but we will need to improvise a bit with gaffer tape and string - all good clean fun of course and nothing we'll struggle with I'm sure!

Also, who knows which colour car park is the best one to head for for Camp Funk and PGC?

Hey guys

Me and my girlfriend are glasto virgins :blink: and are in need of much guidance!!! ur camp sounds ideal for what we're after!! should be there mid afternoon on the wednesday (straight after my night shift in swansea!!) but looking forward to meeting you all, add me to the list if theres room.

Cheers

Andrew

Something I noticed about my firewood tent - I left the inner tent and groundsheet behind in my garage, so I've only got the poles, pegs and flysheet. But it's an 'erect inner bit first' dome tent, which means the bits the poles attach to are part of the inner tent and not in the bag of stuff I packed. I'm sure we'll be fine with it, but we will need to improvise a bit with gaffer tape and string - all good clean fun of course and nothing we'll struggle with I'm sure!

Also, who knows which colour car park is the best one to head for for Camp Funk and PGC?

Hi all

My mate has now managed to get time off work and come with me. When I thought I was going on my own I got chatting to another girl who was in same position and she said to add her to camp funk. Another girl also contact her to join us so please update the list to klc0052 + 3 !! Brilliant the more the merrier I said. Myself plus 1 will join you with the large tent (marquee really!) early weds morning and also will put up another tent for the other 2 as wont be there till late thurs.

Are there any directons you can give me to get to KM from PGC or is it quite straight forward. Just look for flag maybe?!! Will be hopefully there by 9am.

Hey guys

Me and my girlfriend are glasto virgins :blink: and are in need of much guidance!!! ur camp sounds ideal for what we're after!! should be there mid afternoon on the wednesday (straight after my night shift in swansea!!) but looking forward to meeting you all, add me to the list if theres room.

Cheers

Andrew

There are are a group of about 20 of us camping around Kidney Mead, arriving at 8am Wednesday, so may pop over... we'll be the ones with the flag that will say 'Camp Wally'!
Edited by mrfunk

Hope I'm not too late to join the gang? Just me on my lonesome this year so hopefully you have room for one more. I'm planning on getting to site early Weds morning. This will be my lightest year ever as I'm only bringing absolute essentials but let me know if there's anything I can help out with. Otherwise I'll be on the first wood scouting party!

Hope I'm not too late to join the gang? Just me on my lonesome this year so hopefully you have room for one more. I'm planning on getting to site early Weds morning. This will be my lightest year ever as I'm only bringing absolute essentials but let me know if there's anything I can help out with. Otherwise I'll be on the first wood scouting party!

Sorry I can't make it this year,

I hope it's as much of a success as it was last year & that you don't get any rain.

Have a f**kin' great time guys.

I'll see you in 09.

Just thought I'd say I'm too excited for words now................ Looking forward to seeing you all at Camp funk, we should be arriving between 10 and 11 Wednesday so I'll look out for the flag and Neil. See ya soon!

Really looking forward to being part of Camp Funk this year. Soooo excited - we are leaving at 8am tomorrow and will be there at about 1pm hopefully.

One thing - read the classic "Advice From Nan" topic! /index.php?showtopic=103625&st=60&gopid=2338195&#entry2338195">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...p;#entry2338195

Have to try and start the "Where's Bubbles Nan?" shout out :)

See you all there! Anyone else going to the Cider Bus at 5pm tomorrow?