Camp Funk2008-----------Kidney Mead-----join THE Party !

Guest mrfunk

thanks very much for your advice. I am definalty sold on kidney mead based on gate C being just mins away. I have got my friend to finally agree on KM too, which is great!

I have one concern that I need advice on....Myself and my friend have borrowed a tent and it said it was an 8 man tents which I thought was ok for 2 females camping for 6ish days. However when putting it up on our trial run yesterday its massive! It has 2 small bedrooms with quote a large living area in middle and then a sort of covered porch thing on the front. I is brilliant and will be great but I am worried about people snarling at us and thinking we are selfish waking up that much room for 2!

We are quite prepared to house things for people with less room than us but we cant afford to buy another tent now. If we get there as soon as gates open do you think it will be ok finding a spot and will people forgive us for bringing a oversized tent!??

Advice and honest comments please as couldnt bare to upset anyone!!

Edited by mrfunk

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MrFunk

Mrfunks Gimp

Bagpuss

Alcatraz

rubberducky +3

mucky_g

Glastobelle

botswananbeauty +4 !

kookymook +3

ig1234

apples76

el rico +5 !

ThenewUnion

Androoo

Jasan 447

Thats Right..

T77

rhysiowen +8

Wildebeest + Cats

Moominface + 8

canedandable

oafc0000 + 1

Ourkideh

klc0052 + 1

More the merrier.... can't wait....

Just bring it...... It would be ideal if it rains, and might help peeps out for shelter, if your willing to...

Gates opening you will be fine... and if your stuck putting it up, just ask someone......I'm quite sure a fellow funkster can help..

The NEW Flag for Camp Funk has arrived..........

5m_blue_festival_banner.jpg

Ahh thanks so much, my mind is completely put at rest now! Am more than willing to shelter people if it rain (which it wont, of course!) The living area will house at least 10 chairs easily. Will shout if we need help putting up although you will probably see two girls shouting and swearing at each other. My mate is a short arse which is not a great help when putting a tent up like that!

Its my 2nd Glasto and had fab time last year (dispite going with ex) but think this one will be so much better! Cant wait....see you soon!

Cool, space like this can really help people out, we constructed a large temp structure, shelter last year which helped many.

Will always be about to help out, or give Mrfunks Gimp a shout,, he is a handy chap, with tents and tings.

Camp Funk Wish list, are you willing to bring the following: WANTED

Flares

Gazebo,

Spare 2man Small Tent,

12 Volt Lead acid battery,

Axe,

Solar Fairy Lights.

Any other suggestions? to add to the list.

Solar Fairy Lights. Got them Job -Done

Second Pole wish obligatory Welsh Flag - Done

New Socks - Done

Sleeping back pulled out - Done

Back pack out - Done

VU EL wire T-shirt Done

General excitement - Done

Glasto 2008 - bring it on

New walking boots - this weekend

Edited by bagpuss

We'll be in Kidney Mead. The best place to stay I reckon. We were right next to the path down to leftfield last year and ended up with most of the path up the side of our tent which was left behind in the end. we'll keep an eye out for you and say hi. :huh:
Edited by mrfunk

Hey Guys, can't wait now went out shopping today for bits and bobs. Can't contain the excitment! We have got a gazebo, should we bring two? Between the five of us coming with got a 3 man tent and an 8 man and were thinking of putting the gazebo as our porch in the unlikley event of rain but more as shade really.

Hey Guys, can't wait now went out shopping today for bits and bobs. Can't contain the excitment! We have got a gazebo, should we bring two? Between the five of us coming with got a 3 man tent and an 8 man and were thinking of putting the gazebo as our porch in the unlikley event of rain but more as shade really.

The girlfriend has finally bothered to take a look at this post and expressed her excitment straight away. I can now definitely say the two of us will be joining you for mucho fun and games over the weekend, being our first one we thought i best to be surrounded by people who know a thing or two about the place can only make our experience doubly amazing!!!!

Have done both reading and V before but this will hopefully shame both of those and becmoe our festival of choice (dont know why i am saying hopefully, i know it will).

I'll try bring two then, but space might be at a premium, however ours will be a communal one regardless. Last years was a god send. Bagpuss, nothing exciting really, another tent, which I will come rain or shine be bringing home with me this year in one piece. Chairs, no blow up ones this year as my thumb is still an odd shape after last years thumb slicing incident. Lots of bits and bobs really, you got fairy lights?

I'll try bring two then, but space might be at a premium, however ours will be a communal one regardless. Last years was a god send. Bagpuss, nothing exciting really, another tent, which I will come rain or shine be bringing home with me this year in one piece. Chairs, no blow up ones this year as my thumb is still an odd shape after last years thumb slicing incident. Lots of bits and bobs really, you got fairy lights?

The girlfriend has finally bothered to take a look at this post and expressed her excitment straight away. I can now definitely say the two of us will be joining you for mucho fun and games over the weekend, being our first one we thought i best to be surrounded by people who know a thing or two about the place can only make our experience doubly amazing!!!!

Have done both reading and V before but this will hopefully shame both of those and becmoe our festival of choice (dont know why i am saying hopefully, i know it will).

You bring one and I will bring one also, then we have two. However the roof of mine is not very waterproof infact the roof act like a filter and turns the rain into mist :D so we shall bin that an I will get a big blue tarp.....

Yeah no blood this year please ;)

You bring one and I will bring one also, then we have two. However the roof of mine is not very waterproof infact the roof act like a filter and turns the rain into mist :D so we shall bin that an I will get a big blue tarp.....

Yeah no blood this year please ;)