Camp Funk2008-----------Kidney Mead-----join THE Party !

Guest mrfunk

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

me and 10 of the finiest will be in the higher part of the kidney mead field more towards the caribian cocktail bar thing

been there for the since 2002 ,if anyone can remember thousands of glow sticks being chucked about in 2002/03 that was us.. :):);)

i

me and 10 of the finiest will be in the higher part of the kidney mead field more towards the caribian cocktail bar thing

been there for the since 2002 ,if anyone can remember thousands of glow sticks being chucked about in 2002/03 that was us.. :);):)

i

Edited by mrfunk

I was almost decided on camping at Pennards but on reading this thread I am temped to go to Kidney mead but I have a few questions first.....Is is noisy all the time or is there a few hours quiet

for a bit of shut eye? Is it alot further to The Other stage than pennards is? How far from PDB (blue route) We are coming from the south so think this will be the gate we come in? Really cant decide on

which camp so am looking for someone to persuade me please....!

Mrs olive123 and myself may well be joining you lovely people, first timers you see and dont want to miss out on anything and figure the best way for that to happen is spend it with old timers, our time will most likely be split between JP stage, Other, Queens head and only Pyramid for headliners, was thinking Kidney Mead isnt so great for JP in reality how far is it??

Hardened drinkers the pair of us and not fancying much sleep.

I was almost decided on camping at Pennards but on reading this thread I am temped to go to Kidney mead but I have a few questions first.....Is is noisy all the time or is there a few hours quiet

for a bit of shut eye? Is it alot further to The Other stage than pennards is? How far from PDB (blue route) We are coming from the south so think this will be the gate we come in? Really cant decide on

Camp funk seems to be roughly half way between the pyramid and the leftfield, by shielded from both by trees.

Go to the pyramid stage, turn with your back to it, walk to the toilets ahead of you, when you get into the area the toilets are, turn left and go up hill for Camp Funk, turn right and there is the cider bus! The leftfield is about 5 minutes walk at away (if that).

Gets quiet, but there is a nice alarm clock for the morning (soundchecks for the first act on the pyramid, I'd say you'd get near perfect sound balance around there, but cannot see a thing!) so if your a rave all night, sleep all day person, may not be as good as other areas! Can't hear the leftfield from there though.

The JP stage isn't too difficult to get to, It looks a long way but most of the walk is along service roads that go through the camping area (So not that busy at all), most are packed gravel/hardcore, at least one is tarmac (Ie most of the walk is not through mud even for last year). I'd reckon about 10 minutes of my unhurried amble?

In comparison to Penards, I'd say that the Other Stage is about as far the the Pyramid stage is from Penards.

I'm still abit torn as to where to camp. I like the leftfield and jazz stages. I'm intrigued by the Park and new areas (better reached from penards), I am also waiting on some non-board friends to actually decide what they are doing!

Mrs olive123 and myself may well be joining you lovely people, first timers you see and dont want to miss out on anything and figure the best way for that to happen is spend it with old timers, our time will most likely be split between JP stage, Other, Queens head and only Pyramid for headliners, was thinking Kidney Mead isnt so great for JP in reality how far is it??

Hardened drinkers the pair of us and not fancying much sleep.

Hey!!!!

Im a single 23 year old female....whats the deal with these camps? im going on my own this year so can I join this camp to have somewhere safe to stay? Hope im not upsetting anyone by asking!!!! Thanks!!

Edited by mrfunk

Yo MR Funk

Please can you add myself and my good wife.....

We are on are own this year and would love to come and meet you all....

Didnt work out last year....when i finally found where you had all set up camp I was a little bit smashed and it really wasnt a good idea to try to communicate to anyone :unsure:

I spotted the flag last year but this was a couple days after setting u camp. Could do with getting a better idea of where about you will be this year so I can find you on day one! I was in Kidney mead for about 10am so maybe I was too early ?

Edited by oafc0000

Yo MR Funk

Please can you add myself and my good wife.....

We are on are own this year and would love to come and meet you all....

Didnt work out last year....when i finally found where you had all set up camp I was a little bit smashed and it really wasnt a good idea to try to communicate to anyone :unsure:

I spotted the flag last year but this was a couple days after setting u camp. Could do with getting a better idea of where about you will be this year so I can find you on day one! I was in Kidney mead for about 10am so maybe I was too early ?

Hey guys i camped at the one and only Camp Funk last year and had a brilliant time! Im devastated that i cant make it this year i truly am ;) All year i was looking forward to it then stupidly booked a holiday which clashed. I would have to leave Glasto on the Sunday and get straight on a plane in Gatwick which i dont think would work somehow lol

Anyway hope you all have a brilliant year! Drink loads of Brothers cider for me ^_^ Hopefully i'll catch you all next year!

Hey guys i camped at the one and only Camp Funk last year and had a brilliant time! Im devastated that i cant make it this year i truly am :D All year i was looking forward to it then stupidly booked a holiday which clashed. I would have to leave Glasto on the Sunday and get straight on a plane in Gatwick which i dont think would work somehow lol

Anyway hope you all have a brilliant year! Drink loads of Brothers cider for me ^_^ Hopefully i'll catch you all next year!

MrFunk

Mrfunks Gimp

Bagpuss

Alcatraz

rubberducky +3

mucky_g

Glastobelle

botswananbeauty +4 !

kookymook +3

ig1234

apples76

el rico +5 !

ThenewUnion

Androoo

Jasan 447

Thats Right..

T77

rhysiowen +8

Wildebeest + Cats

Moominface + 8

canedandable

oafc0000 + 1

Ourkideh + ?

More the merrier.... can't wait.....

MrFunk

Mrfunks Gimp

Bagpuss

Alcatraz

rubberducky +3

mucky_g

Glastobelle

botswananbeauty +4 !

kookymook +3

ig1234

apples76

el rico +5 !

ThenewUnion

Androoo

Jasan 447

Thats Right..

T77

rhysiowen +8

Wildebeest + Cats

Moominface + 8

canedandable

oafc0000 + 1

Ourkideh + ?

More the merrier.... can't wait.....

thanks very much for your advice. I am definalty sold on kidney mead based on gate C being just mins away. I have got my friend to finally agree on KM too, which is great!

I have one concern that I need advice on....Myself and my friend have borrowed a tent and it said it was an 8 man tents which I thought was ok for 2 females camping for 6ish days. However when putting it up on our trial run yesterday its massive! It has 2 small bedrooms with quote a large living area in middle and then a sort of covered porch thing on the front. I is brilliant and will be great but I am worried about people snarling at us and thinking we are selfish waking up that much room for 2!

We are quite prepared to house things for people with less room than us but we cant afford to buy another tent now. If we get there as soon as gates open do you think it will be ok finding a spot and will people forgive us for bringing a oversized tent!??

Advice and honest comments please as couldnt bare to upset anyone!!