Rock im Park

Guest tommay

my biggest problem is that the lineup is TOO amazing.. there are tonnes of clashes :P

RATM vs Prodigy, Serj Tankian & Incubus vs Motörhead, 36 Crazyfists vs HIM, Opeth vs Johnossi (possibly depending on times), and the entire Sunday Centerstage (minus Nightwish haha) vs Hellacopters, Danko Jones, The Verve, Kate Nash and the great Jon Davis.

i'm majorly bummed.

and as much as i HATE to admit it, it's actually quite logical to put rage and prodigy at the same time to avoid absolute and utter mayhem. but still. that's just.. evil!

Edited by rockchick87

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suppose anyone who's been by coach before knows how far it is from there to the site? Is it a walk, or public transport? The only coach we could get on the Monday to Prague leaves at 8am so need to know what time we're gonna have to decamp to the coach station...

36 crazyfists, rage, tallica, incubus, filter (blast from the past), rival schools (another), alter bridge, lostprophets and silverstein will be my highlights.

may have to try and stumble upon this viking camp of you guy's. hopefully i will be muntered all weekend, just over 3 weeks to go!! :lol:

2008 maps are up on the official site.

Was thinking camping areas 1 and 4 looked best but it's a bit of a walk from the S bahn stations. Someone said you can get a tram to the site, anyone know where this drops you off?

Only 28 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As on Rock am Ring, the headliner of the 2nd stage starts after the green stage head is finished. i think.

sounds promising, but which ones the green stage? :P center or club? does this mean that there's a chance we might be able to see both rage and prodigy? <_< *please please god!*

4.8 looks good - it's close to the toilets - always good for a girl to know :P

how are you guys planning on being able to hold off a sizeable area as we wait for the viking camp to assemble? who will be the first to get there?

sounds promising, but which ones the green stage? :P center or club? does this mean that there's a chance we might be able to see both rage and prodigy? <_< *please please god!*

4.8 looks good - it's close to the toilets - always good for a girl to know :P

how are you guys planning on being able to hold off a sizeable area as we wait for the viking camp to assemble? who will be the first to get there?

Hi to you! We are Mystery Of 19th October, progressive punkrock band from Slovakia. We are on tour from 20.6. In 9th July we will play in Tousoule, and in 10th July in Nice, we need still one show in France or Germany. One show for 14th or 15th July. Everything what we need is 100eur/show. That is all.

Link on us: www. myspace. com/mysteryof19thoctober

Can you help us please? then we can help you to make some shows in Slovakia, because we know a lot of promoters for Slovakia.

Thanx for answer! Lukas

Thought I'd put this on for the benefit of those travelling by train once in Germany. Found this offer on Bahn.co.uk's web site.

TRAVEL AT A FIXED PRICE 2nd CLASS ON THE ICE TRAIN ACROSS GERMANY UNTIL END OF 2008. IT'S CALLED "THE GERMANY SPECIAL" AND COSTS FROM £22. It has to be booked at least 3 days in advance and can be bought on line or by calling the DB UK booking office on 08718 80 80 66 then option 6. I saved 50% on what it would have cost on their web site!!!

Edited by Fistfights n Foreplay

eeh.. surely a moderator should remove that entry? totally irrelevant. start your own thread for things like that.

anyway, we'll be arriving thursday morning so i guess that gives lintvedt the responsibility of creating the Viking Camp flag so we can target ourselves when we get there :)

Hi all,

I have made one of those kind of mistakes, you can only make when you are semi-drunk. smile.gif I managed to buy 3 tickets to the wrong festival and to be fair I blame the German website for it! Where is the English version of it? grrr

Oh well, if any of you wants to go to Rock Im Park then I have 3 tickets which I am looking to sell at normal price (per ticket: €128.50 is stated on the ticket + postal to the lucky buyer: £2)

I hope someone wants to buy them :)

Hey!

Just noticed Frankfurt Hahn is 250 miles away from Rock Im Park!

Anyone got any suggestions of how i can get from one to the other easily?

i get into frankfurt hahn at 11.50 on the wednesday night.

so hopefully i can get to rock im park before thursday night?

right?

:lol:

Hey!

Just noticed Frankfurt Hahn is 250 miles away from Rock Im Park!

Anyone got any suggestions of how i can get from one to the other easily?

i get into frankfurt hahn at 11.50 on the wednesday night.

so hopefully i can get to rock im park before thursday night?

right?

:lol:

Hi. we're on the same flight comin in from Prestwick to Hahn arriving at the same time. Thing is you need to get the shuttle bus from Hahn to Frankfurt International Airport. From there you need to get the ICE train to Nuremburg. (Check my post at the top of this page) Best thing is to do is go to Frankfurt Hahn's web page, this gives you the timetable for the shuttle bus, one leaves at 00:30, the next one is at 05:00 (we're gonna bunk at the airport till the morning bus, don't think we'll manage the 00:30). The bus costs 12 euros one way. We're gettin the 08:37 From Frankfurt International to Nuremburg, the return ticket was bout £37 each, just phone the number on the other post and they'll do it all for you, it's a gr8 service. Best of luck, if I can help with anything else, just leave a post.

Cheers Wullie

u think i can get hold of a ticket at d entrance frm a bargain seeker since they r sold out now ?