Rock im Park

Guest tommay

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're finished with our last exams and are busy checking out all the bands we haven't heard yet on youtube!

Looking forward to it now, its gonna be awesome, and im really looking forward to meeting you all in our infamous viking camp! :P

viking camp attenders: please send your number to me by private msg...

i'll bring the "sildesalat" the old mixed flag of norway and sweden with me, so im gonna be easy to locate :lol:

lindtveit: i'll see you at torp i guess, so we can exchange numbers then...

under a week left now! yeah!

andreas

leave tuesday - loving the sun today, but i hope i can pack it off with me to germany - should be a good crack. im gonna take a guess and say we are gonna be the only scoucers @ the festival, so if you hear one, just ask them where we are camping and come over and ask for sharkey, and we will share a few drinks. and thats an open invertation! lol

question! have we decided yet if our viking camp is gonna be at 4.8 or 4.9?

we leave tomorrow - see you there bitches :huh:

Hey guys!

Just found this and was wondering if there's room for another two english and one irish at the Viking Camp?! Sounds fun.

Can't wait to leave now! Flying Stansted-Munich on Thurs morning if anyone's on that flight.

Oh, and I saw someone had posted a question about whether there's a supermarket near the festival, there's one about 10 mins walk away...i think it's a Lidl but it's two years since I went now (went to RaR last year, RiP is much better!) but either way, it ran out of bier and water pretty quick last year.

And for the girls - there's a hardware shop next to the Supermarkt with a proper toilet! :huh:

Hopefully see some of you around at the festival!

xxxx

I am going over from London.

Also got the early flight problem. Missing Metallica because of it. Bummer! Also a little old to be camping, but what the hell! This is my last camping year.

I need to know, will there be take away food available there, and beer - cause I do not plan to cook at all.

That is my main concern.

Ermmm.... weather is looking... interesting :D

Hope the sun decides to grace us with her presence for the festival!! I might have to buy some wellies to keep on standby!

xx

where the hell were you guys?! we were 6 swedes camped in 4.8 and had a swedish flag with us at all times but couldn't find no viking camp haha..

i'm exhausted, bruised, hung over, voice-less and sore.. but GODDAMIT i had an AWESOME week!! :P

yeah i tried to find this viking camp too but failed.

was in 4.10 n got ambushed by some crazy drunken austrians!

how f**king brilliant were rage though!!!

had an awesome weekend and i if anyone noticed i think i was the only englishman wearing the st.george's flag all weekend

Yep! I had a fantastic time!! :lol:

I agree. So many things that were amazing.... Rage blew my head off! Worth the wait to see them! Also, I really enjoyed Metallicas set, Disturbed, Cavalera Conspiracy, Prodigy, Paramore were great too!! Kill Hannah did a great job of opening the festival (although I was a little gutted I missed half their set because they didnt open the arena in time!).

Went by too fast though... Heres to next year! ;)

xx

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I ordered tickets about a month ago (Jan 2009) through the agent that the event website connects to (mainticket.de), but have not received them yet. You think I should start worryuing or do they send tickets fairly close to the festival date?

Thanks for any ideas on this, especially from those who ordered tickets online last year.

Hi all,

I ordered tickets about a month ago (Jan 2009) through the agent that the event website connects to (mainticket.de), but have not received them yet. You think I should start worryuing or do they send tickets fairly close to the festival date?

Thanks for any ideas on this, especially from those who ordered tickets online last year.

• 1 month later...

Wahey a Rock im Park thread! I tried starting a 2009 one but it went extinct in no time...

Still cant believe its not sold out, with Rock am Ring being sold out ages at this stage.

4 of us have tickets so far and another getting his today.

Flying from Dublin to Munich on 1st June and spending a few days there before headin down Thursday for the festival and then returning the following Monday. flights at the moment only costing about €150.

Can't wait :rolleyes: if its half as good as Rock am ring last year itll be amazing..

Awesome, thanks Damon_75. I normally meet some German friends - who bring beer, but they can't make it this time, hence my need for a supermarket for the first time!

Helmet - I've never been to the Ring so I can't compare, but have been to RIP 3 times and it's been amazing everytime, way better than any English festival...