singles thread

Guest outtolunch

Definately not gigs. I've gone there to watch a band play because I want to hear them, I don't want to listen to you chewing my ear off about how awesome my wristbands are, ohhh what a nice tattoo, I nearly went to Glastonbury once, wow we have so much in common.

The gym I guess would be quite a good place to meet someone. I do a lot of walking and so many times a sexy man has ridden past me on his bike and I've thought 'Stop, come back!!!' and off they zoom.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do folk reckon are good places to meet new women (or men if thats your thing)?

Got bored of trying in bars and esp clubs.

I'm thinking about joining a gym, not only should it improve my chances by looking a bit better hopefully be a few nice ladies that go there as well.

Always thoguht gigs might be a good diea as you know that you'll liek the same music etc, always liked to meet a girl who would rather go see good bands than listen to Boyzoe etc! But then same sort of problem as bars where your usually pretty drunk and well gigs are a bit loud for chattign to folk!

Anyway any reccomendations?

I'm not so sure about meeting people of the opposite sex in the gym. Depends whether you like the red faced, sweaty look - well I guess it gives you an idea of........ :lol: . Most people tend to be plugged into i-pods in the gym so it's not easy to get the conversation started.

Having said that I can't think of any specific place to improve your chances of meeting a girl. The supermarket is apparently a popular one ;)

Thank f**k i'm engaged.

How has your ex Meg Matthews reacted?

Definately not gigs. I've gone there to watch a band play because I want to hear them, I don't want to listen to you chewing my ear off about how awesome my wristbands are, ohhh what a nice tattoo, I nearly went to Glastonbury once, wow we have so much in common.

Yes, I can't sleep at night, I can't go to gigs without coming out in a rash at the thought of him being there......

Ummm, no. It just happened to get mentioned again (people attempting to pull at gigs) and my story is a good reason to put people off doing so.

I'm quite sure he would be. However, I think the whole idea of trying to pull at a gig is a bit silly! Whether you are a nice guy or not I've gone there to hear music. I don't like the whole idea of pulling at all to be honest though......it kinda smells of 'any girl will do so long as she's attractive and ticks certain boxes'. I much prefer the idea of allowing things to happen naturally....as Sifi says matters of the heart are not some sort of contractual agreement. In that case actually I don't think there's any good place to meet someone, it's just the luck of the draw!!! I do wish some of those mountain bikers would slow down though....I even held a gate open for one once and told him he had great timing.....he laughed, said cheers and then shot off past me up the hill.

Ever seen the film Singles?

That reminds me of a scene. Outstanding film, which I'm surprised I haven't mentioned in here. An intelligent, comical and realistic look at the issues surrouding singledom with the greatest film soundtrack ever made.

Ever seen the film Singles?

That reminds me of a scene. Outstanding film, which I'm surprised I haven't mentioned in here. An intelligent, comical and realistic look at the issues surrouding singledom with the greatest film soundtrack ever made.

I'm quite sure he would be. However, I think the whole idea of trying to pull at a gig is a bit silly! Whether you are a nice guy or not I've gone there to hear music. I don't like the whole idea of pulling at all to be honest though......it kinda smells of 'any girl will do so long as she's attractive and ticks certain boxes'. I much prefer the idea of allowing things to happen naturally....as Sifi says matters of the heart are not some sort of contractual agreement. In that case actually I don't think there's any good place to meet someone, it's just the luck of the draw!!! I do wish some of those mountain bikers would slow down though....I even held a gate open for one once and told him he had great timing.....he laughed, said cheers and then shot off past me up the hill.
Edited by sifimaster