WWE

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Jericho's book

great read although theres hardly anything about ECW or WCW in it at all, I feel there could be a lot more written about that but obviously not what he wanted, I recommend it highly anyway, can't wait for his second

Now to get Bret's book

Wrestling online:

- Following a successful tickets sale in the United Kingdom, TNA has added a second live event in Liverpool to be held on Thursday June 12th at the Liverpool Olympia, the same location of the first event which was announced last year. Tickets for this show will go on sale on April 7th. The first Liverpool show is the only one sold out for the moment in the UK.

Bah why dose this have to fall on the Download weekend :D!

after watching Mondays raw again last night, I've got a feeling that flair might actually win his match on Sunday. The promo with shawn and the end of the main event was one of the best things I've ever seen on Raw, and it's now quite clear that the company see the match as the main money match of the card.

I do think it'll be his last match, and if ever there was someone that would insist on putting talent over when retiring (that has afterall been the staple of his whole career), it's Flair. I just feel that having Flair loose would kill the atmosphere in the bowl. Having shawn loose, but for flair to still retire ("that is the best I'll ever fight, and I want to leave on my own terms not Vince's) would mean that Naitch goes out on a high. Shawn can afford to loose 1 match (he could lose 200matches and still beover), but Flair very much deserves to win this one.

Edited by Halcyon

after watching Mondays raw again last night, I've got a feeling that flair might actually win his match on Sunday. The promo with shawn and the end of the main event was one of the best things I've ever seen on Raw, and it's now quite clear that the company see the match as the main money match of the card.

I do think it'll be his last match, and if ever there was someone that would insist on putting talent over when retiring (that has afterall been the staple of his whole career), it's Flair. I just feel that having Flair loose would kill the atmosphere in the bowl. Having shawn loose, but for flair to still retire ("that is the best I'll ever fight, and I want to leave on my own terms not Vince's) would mean that Naitch goes out on a high. Shawn can afford to loose 1 match (he could lose 200matches and still beover), but Flair very much deserves to win this one.

That's the advertising though - they're advertising to the casuals who will go 'Cena, Undertaker, Mayweather, yay!'

The 'hardcore' will want to see Flair's last match more than any of those matches IMO, and they don't need advertising to - they've seen the build-up on TV twice a week, which speaks for itself.

Look at the build up to the other 3 from the 'hardcores' perspective;

Show-Mayweather for the last couple of weeks has been purely crappy videos saying 'mayweather is the underdog, but he's got a chance'

The 3 way has been completely standard, its nothing we haven't seen before, no-one really cares which way it goes

Taker-Edge is pretty much that too in fact! Cowardly heel... Deadman... alive... would obviously destroy him 1on1... everyone knows where its going.

One thing that hit me after watching raw; that is the last time we will ever see Flair as an active wrestler on normal tv :D