Loopallu 2008

Guest bryanb

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time at our first Loopallu.

Shame I knackered my bloody ankle on the way up though - stopped me really getting into it!

A BIG Hi to all you people we bumped into up there (some coincidence ending up right next to the efest camp - Hi Paul!)

Man Alive! you Scots do like a drink!!!

Didn't bother with the Bunnymen on the Saturday night, as I'd done enough standing up by then (and I was severely with beer as well!), but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

I reckon it might just be time for them to knock it on the head!

My personal highlights were The Side, Broken Records, Pearl and the Puppets, Red Hot Chili Pipers and the Family Mahone.

Oh - and the Seaforth and the Chippy - good pub and great haggis and chips.

Hope to be back again next year now we have the bug!

Edited by butchwade

Just back :lol::ph34r: Was last tent left on the campsite (though Somerled and Smack are still there in their caravan) Had a brilliant time. Hullo to everyone met (and to everyone I didn't meet) Bands I enjoyed most (in no particular order) the Levellers, Broken Records, Frightened Rabbit, the Rascals, Family Mahone, the Side and the Lorelei. (that's practically everyone, it was all good) Most memorable moment probably the Lorelei in the street at 1 in the morning and the boat trip yesterday. Also memorable was the real toilets and showers, the incredibly handy nearness of the pubs, the great weather, the face painting and last, but definitely not least, the great company. Ticket for next year ordered.

x

the attitude of the stewards was terrible, not intrested when we were trying to get help for the young guy. I can honestly say i have never seen so many pumped up aggressive folk at festival in my life and not one i would recomend for families and kids.

To be honest, i didnt see this rucus, however over the course of friday night i split up two fights, one where a young guy no more than 15 was knocked unconcious and another between two men in there 40,s then at about 5am saturday morning had another two guys going for it right outside my tent, the attitude of the stewards was terrible, not intrested when we were trying to get help for the young guy. I can honestly say i have never seen so many pumped up aggressive folk at festival in my life and not one i would recomend for families and kids.

thought stewards were great and there was a few scuffles but that was teenagers with one can between them getting excited to see who was having first sip .Like to say great festival great neighbours especially JIMMY who the stewards and police were great with,not many people get a round of applause when they put there tent up ,then again it doesnt normally take 2 days .I think everybody seen him he had the biggest tent at entrance, thought it was a flat pack tent from ikea then we realised it was a marquee .great weekend, [and i wonder if wee james with the tatoos did eventually pull] see ya next year

thought stewards were great and there was a few scuffles but that was teenagers with one can between them getting excited to see who was having first sip .Like to say great festival great neighbours especially JIMMY who the stewards and police were great with,not many people get a round of applause when they put there tent up ,then again it doesnt normally take 2 days .I think everybody seen him he had the biggest tent at entrance, thought it was a flat pack tent from ikea then we realised it was a marquee .great weekend, [and i wonder if wee james with the tatoos did eventually pull] see ya next year

Hi Stevie, glad to meet you - albeit briefly! Sorry to hear about your experiences, not nice at all. I missed all that, it was all love and peas down where we were camped, didn't see any trouble at all the whole weekend. Hope it didn't spoil your weekend too much. (I wouldn't say it was an ideal festival for kids really - there's not much for them to do)

Loopallu has been nominated in this year’s UK Festival Awards in the following category/ categories:

- Best Lineup

- Best Small Festival

- Best Toilets

- Grass Roots Festival Award

Winners will be determined by public vote at www.festivalawards.com over the next few weeks (voting closes on 20th October). Everyone who votes is eligible for the prize draw to win a pair of tickets to every winning festival.

SmallVoteForUsWin-Green.gif

Edited by bryanb