Shhhhhhhhhh

Guest 5co77ie

We had a good time (not as good as previous years) but all in all we enjoyed ourselves. Highspot for me was the beatbox workshop and lowspot was some random (totally off his head) trying to get into our sleeping bag with us at 3.30am this morning. Thankfully he wasn't a thief because he'd opened the main zip, then opened the inner zip and was peering over us calling for "Lisa". Neither of us had heard him coming in, I screamed like a banshe for him to get out of the tent but he was still asking for lisa, then my other half screamed at him to get out and he said "Oh sorry mate" and went leaving both zips open wide open. It scared the living daylights out of us cos we were both flat out. Made me think though that I was glad I wasn't sleeping alone in the tent. Can smile about in now but had trouble going back to sleep at the time.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just crawled back home after a fantastic three days. A warning for next year, however, there was at least one guy working the car park scamming money out of people on the day I arrived there. He was approaching people as they offloaded their stuff, asking a fiver a person and claiming the money was an additional donation for carbon offsets. He seemed very plausible at the time but when I asked about it later nobody official had heard of him.

We had a good time (not as good as previous years) but all in all we enjoyed ourselves. Highspot for me was the beatbox workshop and lowspot was some random (totally off his head) trying to get into our sleeping bag with us at 3.30am this morning. Thankfully he wasn't a thief because he'd opened the main zip, then opened the inner zip and was peering over us calling for "Lisa". Neither of us had heard him coming in, I screamed like a banshe for him to get out of the tent but he was still asking for lisa, then my other half screamed at him to get out and he said "Oh sorry mate" and went leaving both zips open wide open. It scared the living daylights out of us cos we were both flat out. Made me think though that I was glad I wasn't sleeping alone in the tent. Can smile about in now but had trouble going back to sleep at the time.

Hey xray ! glad we saw you in the parade, we were a bit late getting to Ghostpoet on sunday and it was ram out in there so gave up in the end ! (couldnt even get a drink) We had a great time to but know what you mean about previous years there was a slightly different vibe to it this year! Having our coats knicked didnt help! But having someone in your tent is bloody awfull we had a guy last year trying to get in 1 of girls tents in our camp, making a mistake is 1 thing but when you being shouted at and told your in the wrong place but just carring on takes the piss !!

Hi all

at last had a chance to come back on the forum to say what a great time we had at 'Shhhhhhhh' (I totally see why regulars want to keep it a bit of a secret). :)

Shame about the weather for the first couple of days, but that forced us into going to some stuff in the likes of the Social Club, which was great.

The Kamakaze caberet show was brilliant. Original and really funny.

Plenty of great music. The Bollywood Brass Band and 17 Hippies were both amazing.

Didnt have the stamina to stay up for Slamboree, which was a shame as I was so looking forward to seeing them. :(

Great setting. Perfect size. Although, with the camping being so close to all the action, it meant (even with ear plugs) I got no sleep until it was getting light. Need better earplugs for next year. :)

The effort that peeps put into the fancy dress parade was amazing. It really showed how much they think of the festival.

If I have one criticism its that many of the stewards were a bit clueless.

"dunno mate. try asking asking at the info point". was an answer we got more than once.

Once, when looking for the music workshops I asked some stewards on the bridge on the way to the Meadow

if I was going right way, they didnt know what was in the Meadow area, didnt have a map and pointed me back in the

wrong direction. By the time I got there the Dig workshop was full anyway, so I chilled on a hammock for a bit :)

I wanted to downsize after years of the ever expanding Glasto, and Shambala fits the bill perfectly! :D

Hi all

at last had a chance to come back on the forum to say what a great time we had at 'Shhhhhhhh' (I totally see why regulars want to keep it a bit of a secret). :)

Shame about the weather for the first couple of days, but that forced us into going to some stuff in the likes of the Social Club, which was great.

The Kamakaze caberet show was brilliant. Original and really funny.

Plenty of great music. The Bollywood Brass Band and 17 Hippies were both amazing.

Didnt have the stamina to stay up for Slamboree, which was a shame as I was so looking forward to seeing them. :(

Great setting. Perfect size.

• 2 months later...

can someone tell me please what the situation is with taking a few of your own tinnies into this festival?

thinking of getting the missus and I a couple of early tickets for xmas - heard it's a goodun, but nothing specific around bringing your own ales etc

cheers

can someone tell me please what the situation is with taking a few of your own tinnies into this festival?

thinking of getting the missus and I a couple of early tickets for xmas - heard it's a goodun, but nothing specific around bringing your own ales etc

cheers

There's no arena - the camping and the entertainment are within the same space. So anything you have with you at your tent can be taken around the festival with you.

I believe it's the case that in theory you're not allowed to take unlimited booze in with you, tho I've not heard of people being stopped taking booze in.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just trying to book my work holidays for the summer.... can a helpful soul please tell me if there's much happening on the thursday normally - I see the dates on website are from thursday - but is there any live music and stuff?

it's silly early to be planning this, I know, but would like to get all my holidays from work sorted before anyone tells me I can't.

Cheers!

just trying to book my work holidays for the summer.... can a helpful soul please tell me if there's much happening on the thursday normally - I see the dates on website are from thursday - but is there any live music and stuff?

it's silly early to be planning this, I know, but would like to get all my holidays from work sorted before anyone tells me I can't.

Cheers!

If it's like last year the site/bars etc are open for business (not the real ale tent though...) and there's a couple of acts on the smaller stages in the evening but only a very few - it's a nice 'chilled' evening well worth being there to get settled in but you wouldn't miss a lot if you turn up Friday.

cheers mate - did you find the camping was quite busy, do you reckon it'd be worth trying to get their thursday purely to get a "good" pitch...

I'm not overly fussy, but will have a 5 man tent to plonk down somewhere.....

gotta travel from bristol, potentially after work, so it could be a bit of a mission.

You won't have any problems pitching if you turn up Friday.

I don't think the camping get overly busy (not in a Glastonbury way) but then we're in the camper-van field!

It's just over 2 hours from Bristol (depending on traffic) so take it easy and stroll up on Friday late morning - usually opens 1/2ish

Thursday is nice but not worth it if it's gonna be a mission.

• 1 month later...