the outsider

Guest titp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall wear my e fests t shirt on the saturday so you can spot me thats if you have x ray vision to see through the green poncho

will look out for a photographer with a sister and if the sun shines we may twig who each other is I'm an oldie hair on face not much on head mostly grey, glasses eye and pint if the beers decent :ph34r:

Is anyone going to this fest rom glasgow area? I anyone is going today (i know it is late) can you pm me if you havent left yet? I need someone to take ticket conformation for my pal up there . She lives in Inverness.

Help anyome. Or can anyone think of another way to get em up there?

my pal, her husband and their 2 year old son are going to outsider for the day. this is the text message i just got from her as a report of how the day went:

festy so far: got lost. 5 mile detour. killed a cat. got stopped by police. torrential rain. jamie got green stuff leaking from both eyes. just a normal day really. :ph34r:

Not long back, unfortunately left on the Sunday morning as we were soaking wet, cold and covered in mud with no dry clothes! That isn't a fair indication of how much we enjoyed the festival though - some fantastic sets with a great atmosphere about the place. Arrived on the Friday afternoon to blazing hot sunshine, if only it had stayed like that. A day of non-stop torrential rain turned the whole festival arena and campsites into a huge mud bath, with a bitter cold Scottish wind making it feel like January not June. King Creosote and Idlewild the highlights for me. Will definitely be back next year if it's on again - with a pair of wellys and some arctic clothing.

Edited by laughing_cow

Just back. Had a great time. Weather was on the moist side but tent stayed dry (inside anyway). Quite a lot of people left yesterday (Sunday) Mud was pretty muddy - some people gave up on staying clean and rolled about in the mud - did anyone see the guy with flippers?

Despite the rain and chillyness (esp last night) I really enjoyed it. There wasn't anyone I was desperate to see but really enjoyed quite a bit of the music - favourites were Roddy Woomble, the Guillemots, King Creosote and Idlewild. KC Tunstall was really good, thought the Injuns were good too.

10 / 10 for a beautiful site, incredibly tidy this morning, magnificent loos (by festival standards anyway) (ladies and gents separate - why don't all festivals do that), brilliant hot shower which was much appreciated, given the weather, good selection of food stalls, really friendly people on the gates (helped by the fact there were NO searches :ph34r::lol: - mind you the average punter there didn't look like a drink smuggler - it was all pretty civilised (quite middle class dare I say) + lots of sporty cycling / running types.

Ideal festival for people with kids too as there was lots for them to do - definitely fills a niche. The line up was probably about right for the type of festival it's set out to be. Made a nice relaxing change from the usual festival - I don't think they'll have got the numbers they hoped for with the weather but I hope they persevere with it. I would go again next year, specially as it's quite handy for me.

Wickerman next - not long I think! Off to lie down in a darkened room just now.

great time we had at outsider. We loved the feel of the festival also safe for kids, friendly staff, campsite regulary cleaned etc. Food outlets were diverse an not a chip in site lol . It looks like orgainsers unsure of another festival for next year due to costs incurred through bad weather. Hope it does go ahead !!! great festival great setting etc an civilised festival goers who really cared for the area and others around them ( no boom boxes blastin all night !!) WELL DONE OUTSIDER ORGANISERS, loved it bring on the sun for 2008

Nice atmosphere with very few (if any) druggies / knackers.

Everything felt quite easy going and pleasant, in beautiful settings.

The showers were lovely. Loos were a complete health hazard and anyone who attended should expect to suffer from the green apple splatters sometime very soon.

The weather was a bummer of course, but that couldn't be helped. Actually, it was to be expected.

Despite the fact that the management as a whole was a complete shower of sh**e, I do think it could be a top festival and would go to another, should there be one.

Teething troubles... we'll let them off. This time.

:ph34r:

PS. KT Tunstall was bob on.

Was only there for the Sunday, but thought this was a great wee festival! It was clean, had a relaxed atmosphere, there was lots to do, and best of all they had good beer for under £3! Crowded House were excellent, and I quite liked the Guillemots acoustic set (Don't like them on record, but this was great!). Can hardly blame anyone for the weather, and the mud was never more than 3 or 4 inches deep anyway. My list of slight quibbles would include having a DJ playing thumping bass in the debate tent (right next to the main stage) when the headliners were on. Have heard that the scrapped-at-the-last-minute Happy Bus service led to a few people not getting to go too.

From what I've read, it looks like the organisers won't be bothering with another one next year, which would be a shame. Would be very tempted to come for the whole weekend if it went ahead.

I thought, compared to other festivals, it was really great in terms of organisation. The loos were by far the best at any festival I've been to - a portaloo will never be a wonderful experience but I thought they did really well keeping the loos as clean as pos plus I think most, if not all, people there were being as careful as they could be to keep the place tidy. (I can only speak for the ladies loos however!)

Hopefully they'll do it again next year and probably will have learned to make more provision to help people getting in and out of car parks. :ph34r:

I thought, compared to other festivals, it was really great in terms of organisation. The loos were by far the best at any festival I've been to - a portaloo will never be a wonderful experience but I thought they did really well keeping the loos as clean as pos plus I think most, if not all, people there were being as careful as they could be to keep the place tidy. (I can only speak for the ladies loos however!)

Hopefully they'll do it again next year and probably will have learned to make more provision to help people getting in and out of car parks. :ph34r:

We were there from Friday afternoon till monday morning, we passed on the joy(s) of camping and had an excellent guest house two fields away. A hot bath and full scottish breakfast works wonders. Thought the bar price were a bit excessive, and on being in StrathSpey there was a distinct lack of Single malt whisky! But as an old fella from Carbost on the Isle of Skye said to me many years ago "whats the difference between angood whisky and a bad whisky?" .....THREE!

Anyhoo the mighty Shooglenifty rocked! If that band were any tighter the could moonlight as my jeans after several roast Hog and apple sauce rolls! a fitting end to a promising festival.... Connect next..lets hope for something like decent weather.

Peace ,

Che!

:ph34r: Well done the MudPeople for talking the piss out of the weather :lol:

Thought the bar price were a bit excessive, and on being in StrathSpey there was a distinct lack of Single malt whisky! But as an old fella from Carbost on the Isle of Skye said to me many years ago "whats the difference between angood whisky and a bad whisky?" .....THREE!

charlyparly. having read your reply i now am in full agreeance with some of your pionts that i firat questioned. I too thought the family campsite would have been closer to the car parks, we had to make three trips with our 4 & 2 year old. The talisker stage was as you say in direct line and we heard it loud an clear too agghhhh. But overall as others have expressed a well considered festival on the whole, i feel for the organisers , they obviously put considerable thought into the programme shame the weather tainted what i consider one of the best experiences we have had at any festival. Come on OUtsiders we'll all return for 2008 !!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Outsider is back and going ahead on 27th and 28th June 2009!

Not heard any rumours yet on line-up etc but the website details all the outdoor activites available. www.outsiderfestival.co.uk

They are offering earlybird tickets just now at £50!

I had a great time here in 2007 and am certainly going again this year.

great setting, great acts, great activities, great atmosphere. Great festival

• 4 weeks later...