END OF THE ROAD FESTIVAL

Guest Ginger Monkey

Campsite is to one side of the Stages/stalls/bar area but very very short distance between, 100 yards to the big top stage.......maybe another 100 yards further to the main stage.

There was no control on taking drinks from tents to stages last year.

Mind the bars are realllllly good for once and I got tempted by the cold pint option more than usual....especially the draught Leffe!!!

Edited by geofelgie

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I agree, was sooo cute last year....sat on the grass watching great bands whilst peacock nicked my crisps!

Was desperately hoping that it would survive the smallish numbers last year - it is a fantastic end (sob, sniff) to the festival season.

Here's hoping it sells out and that everything goes right for the organisers so we can have more!

geof

Really excited now and can't wait for this to start.

I booked tomorrow off in the mistaken belief that we could arrive on Thursday. :D At least I'll have all day to do my packing!

Broadband is being disconnected due to house move next week so I won't be able to post after today. I hope you all have a quick and uneventful journey and I'll see you all by the Ciderbus on Saturday. :P

see you on saturday!!! (ill try and have a sober conversation with you this time :P )

must go and find my tent now.....

Edited by Lauz_Abbott

nah peacocks really do scare me!!!!!!!

horses are scary!!!! every now and again i have to drive past people riding horses and its so scary!! im worried my car will suddenly stall and scare the horses!!!

but peacocks are horrible!!! there is this place about 10mins from me which has a big lake and really nice gardens which is great for picnics but they have about 10 peacocks roaming round and they are so scary!!!!

see you there! - look out for the efests flag!!

Edited by Lauz_Abbott

im off to pick Andrew_IOW up from the train station later and after that i prob wont be back online so ill see you all in a couple of days!!!!

Well Ive been packed for WEEKS! My bag is always ready to go!

Stocked up on booze so no probs there! Do look out for my CHOWNSY george cross and come on over for a Bacardi and Ginger!!!!!

Safe journey to all and see ya on saturday! :P

oh christ. I haven't even vaguely recovered from bestival yet. I just finished my masters yesterday and i keep twitching.

I have to unpack, wash evrything and repack today *cries*

Also because of some bestival confusion i will be bringing a giant tent i can't put up on my own.

Hopefully i'll be slightly pissed by the time you arrive, and putting up your big tent will be lots of fun. In response to your text -Ok I will save a big space for it, red wine is awesome because it is one of the only alcoholic beverages that tastes good warm, and the line-up is meh (except BSP).

See you all there, unless I don't go to the meet, in which case I suck.

Very enjoyable festival. My new discoveries that I loved:

Viking Moses

Sons of Noel & Adrian

Fireworks Night

Hmm, feels like it was more than that, but they were very very good. The Loney, Dear + I'm From Barcelona was a great double combo.

Paris Motel were sublime as always, and Misty's Big Adventure were great fun.

I was sadly a bit let down by The Young Republic. I don't know why, as I loved them when I saw them at Rough Trade/ the Spitz. But they didn't grab me as much this time. Still, I bought their new album and am looking forward to getting to know it, although a couple of the songs are quite different to the versions I know.

There was also a nice moment in the woods on Saturday night, with some chap playing on the piano, and Emmanuel and 3 other Barcelonians were there as well, just humming along to his tune. Was really nice. Would've loved them to have repeated their woods performance from last year, but I can understand them not wanting to ruin the greatness of that. Frida Hyvonen was also there, and seemed a bit strange (up herself?). She had brought along two photographers from Plan B mag I think, and then when a piano song she proclaimed that it was her turn, and called for her photographers to capture the moment. I very much found it funny when she finished her song, and politely asked if anybody else would like a turn, and to her surprise somebody said yes they would. She just refused the person so she could play again for her audience the cameras... Was nicely surreal :P

Anyway, we decided to leave on Sunday night for the call of home, but then saw that Jens Lekman had been switched to the later headline slot instead (we were going to leave after him). So we ended up leaving earlier, and missing him. Although I wasn't too keen on the big top stage anyway, and seeing him in the tiny Luminaire in December will more than make up for it.

Still, a great festival. and the toilets were somehow not horrendous, hurrah. Being a big anti-smoker though, I would've been pleased with more/some no-smoking signs in the tents, to stop the stupid smokers. But that's a personal annoyance. Very cool weekend yes, may even buy early-bird tickets for next year.

Wont roll on with a huge review.....this festy simply doesn't need one!

Thats how all festivals should be. Well organised, well run, friendly, great acts, brilliant atmosphere and STUNNING SURROUNDINGS!

What an AMAZING weekend..........and how bad the post fest blues are right now!

Thankyou EOTR team. PERFECT! See you next year! :lol:

While I remember.....apologies to:

Everyone who came to the meet but didn't spot us (we forgot the flag, I legged it back to get it at 130!!!) We were there though!!

Mcshug - we didn't hang around this morning, didn't wanna wake ya to say cheerio! Hope ya drive back was better than mine :lol::lol: