Kasabian To Play!!!

Guest john28uk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would disagree with kasabian being classed as unoriginal. after all aren't most bands unoriginal in some respect or other? kasabian mix a bit of dance synths with their rock which although they aren't the innovators of that, they were the 1s that introduced it in2 contemporary music. feel free 2 contradict and call me a twat me but this is my opinion on them. i think they're top drawer

you can't argue about the fans, the m.e.n. was full of hooligans and that kind of scum don't belong at gigs. The "pit" was people trying to knock the absolute living f**k out of one another, can't fault the band themselves for that though. Also, seen them at leeds 05 and T06, and the fans each time seemed to be more music fans, pogoing for more than the singles.

Fair point, just seemed to be really obvious at kasabian that you were surrounded by the hooligan type. Like you said though it's all about where you are and for kasabian I always make a point of getting down to the front and having a damn good time :lol: Having the fratellis as support wont have helped matters though, just hope Glastonbury see sense and don't book fratellis, kooks or the automatic :)

Are Kasabian headline material? I wouldn't be surprised if they were 2nd or 3rd on the Pyramid stage but don't you have to be massive worldwide to earn a hedline slot? They may be pretty big over here, but not as big as The White Stripes, Oasis and R.E.M., just to name a few past Friday headliners.

well muse for one are a far better live band

kasabian are ok and put on a fairly good live show

but its all so unorignal, plodding rock

and there fans are largely knob head football fans who dont like music

they dont fit with the glasto vibe for me

Not going to shoot down your opinion because after all everyone is entitled to one :lol:

As for Muse, well they have made two extra Albums to Kasabian and if i was to compare Kasabian live Now to muse live when they had origins of sym then it would be Kasabian everytime, thats not being biased as i like both bands.

But i disagree with your unoriginal quote, in a world full of bland music like Kooks,Razorlight, Keane (sorry folks if you like them!) it is refreshing to hear somthing different and that is what kasabian really are!

Live they are unbelievable (imo) and last year at Glasto they showed just this, if anything after the floods and rain that show really brought the vibe around and that night was perfect. Also was right at the front and there was no pushing,shoving just people having a good time, helping each other i they fell over in the mud and enjoying themselves.

Oh and im a massive Football fan (Bristol Rovers season ticket holder for 15 years, a true football fan as they say)......but i love music wth a passion....so im ok then :)

being different to current bands doesnt make you original

kasabian arent any more original than keane or razorlight

Edited by Petewasbristol

Agree mostly. But I'm wondering how big some of the smaller headliners were in previous years, e.g.:

Muse 2004

Skunk Anansie 99?

Hence they may be pushed up to headline where not perhaps as worthy as some.

Fair point, just seemed to be really obvious at kasabian that you were surrounded by the hooligan type. Like you said though it's all about where you are and for kasabian I always make a point of getting down to the front and having a damn good time :lol: Having the fratellis as support wont have helped matters though, just hope Glastonbury see sense and don't book fratellis, kooks or the automatic :)

2006 didn't really push my buttons in terms of new bands, and they were the big bands of 06, and usually the big bands come back the next year to have high festival slots that could go to more established acts (I don't mind the odd high new act, but this year at leeds was ridiculous having both kaiser chiefs and arctic monkeys taking up 2nd headliner positions).