Svengalifest

Guest Ringo_Spar

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bloke is a liar and a cheat...not one of the crew have come on here to explain themselves apart from burstwishes or whatever his name is...who seemed to say a bit and then went quiet..

Anyone out there still owed Ticket refunds by Marco. His latest poster on the shop indicate there are. one wonders if he has kept proper financial records as he doesn't appear to have a clue.

• 2 weeks later...

There seemed to be a flurry of activity around the shop again this morning. Stuff seemingly being thrown out.

The shop is meant to be reopened today following refurbishment. However there has been no activity there for the past couple of weeks and mail has been stacking up.

I have heard on the grapevine that Svengali Music Limited has not filed it's Annual return when it was supposed to in March. Companies House has OVERDUE written all over the entry. My understanding is that it is a criminal offence...6 months overdue is taking the pi** however!

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like curtains for Mr. svengali!!

There seemed to be a flurry of activity around the shop again this morning. Stuff seemingly being thrown out.

The shop is meant to be reopened today following refurbishment. However there has been no activity there for the past couple of weeks and mail has been stacking up.

I have heard on the grapevine that Svengali Music Limited has not filed it's Annual return when it was supposed to in March. Companies House has OVERDUE written all over the entry. My understanding is that it is a criminal offence...6 months overdue is taking the pi** however!

• 2 weeks later...
According to one of the headline acts of Svengali fest (who remains unpaid incidentally) Iorio has absconded to London. Anyone out there keep a look out and avoid....the man is not to be trusted.

The Svengali My Space portal has not been logged into since 5 October....

Methinks he is trying to reinvent himself....a complete parasite ....what a disappointment to his parents (though his mum is equlally culpable as his gatekeeper and company secretary)

Incidentally which of the artists were not paid?...you mention a headliner...does he still have his shop or was that all lies too about reopening?

Now...here is Marco's entry on friends Reunited.....placed at the end of July just a fortnight before the "festival"

"Thought i should update this thung as its been a while, been running my shop now for two years in windsor, svengali is still here amazingly enough and on the verge of pulling out a blinder, i have managed to organise my festival in windsor its taken a while but on august 12 2006 svengalifest will be real. I have been involved with bands for a while now and decided to take it seriously and see what i can do. Well i have managed to pull of a festival , go to svengalifest to see who we have, this year it is only a day but i have the rites for three years and a license that allows me 6 events a year. i think i have finally found my groove and am secretly quite pleased with myself, its taken a while but nothing that a good bag of grass cant help out with..Be nice to see some old faces so if any of you guys want to come and see what ive done it be a pleasure to have you there, either mail me @svengalifest or call the office . "

Too much weed methinks........

Thanks for that....so he is up up and away....does he still owe the local punters their dosh?...one bloke had bought several tickets...wondered if he got repaid?

Someone I know spoke to the artist off the record...there is no reason to disbelieve him.

The shop is shut and it was never reopened....first it was closed due to "family bereavement", stock was then shifted, then an announcement was put on the door stating it would reopen on 29 September following refurbishment...The shop remains closed. It can therefore be concluded that was all lies also.

There is a County Court Judgement Against Svengali Fest (you can see tis logged on the net).

Rumour is that Svengali has moved to London....probably to continue being a parasitical leech around a new circle.....so be warned.....all you punters and bands out there!

Surelt that is fraud doing that or obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception??

you'd have to prove that he took the money without ever having any intention of putting the event on - I would think that would be near impossible to prove, seeing as it seems he booked a site, site infrastructure, site crew, and performers.

Yes I suppose that is right....bit bloody bad knicking people's money though...I hate people who do this kind of thing

you'd have to prove that he took the money without ever having any intention of putting the event on - I would think that would be near impossible to prove, seeing as it seems he booked a site, site infrastructure, site crew, and performers.

Yes I suppose that is right....bit bloody bad knicking people's money though...I hate people who do this kind of thing

well, you might care to see it as 'knicking', but the reality seems to be that it's a business failure. It happens, even by those whose *skills and abilities are as big as their ambitions.

(* I'm not saying that Svengali was up to the job - it seems that he wasn't).

I suppose business failure and lying go hand in hand.....it would appear he has deceived a lot of people and made no future plans as far as I can see to put things right...I will finish this blog with the comment that this svengali is a very shabby operator and obviously very unpopular.....ps it was quite apparent that he carried on advertsing acts up to the date of the festival he had not contractualy secured...he also did not have the finance in place either....not filing company accounts and lying about the security issue makes him a rather tricky fish not to be trusted in the future...

well, you might care to see it as 'knicking', but the reality seems to be that it's a business failure. It happens, even by those whose *skills and abilities are as big as their ambitions.

(* I'm not saying that Svengali was up to the job - it seems that he wasn't).

• 1 month later...

http://www.josaka.org/viewtopic.php?t=15474

Do NOT Trust Marco Svengali

While people are on the subject of con men, I thought I should mention how I booked 8 rehearsals at Marco Svengali's studio, (which ironically is now mine).

He told me that it had a web cam in it for security & told me I would have my own key. The first rehearsal he didn't turn up to meet me, so me & my band looked all round Windsor for him.

We found him & he claimed he left messages for us, gave us a key & we found the studio jam packed with equipment. So much so that we couldn't move, let alone set up. There was no web cam, we had to give the key back because he hadn't got ours cut.

The second rehearsal we had & the third rehearsal he didn't turn up again & got his mate to tell us to meet him 'down The Criterian' to BORROW his keys.

I then wrote to him requesting a refund for what we hadn't had & for the forthcoming rehearsals. He ignored 3 letters, barred my calls & was never at his shop when I went in there. He then had the audacity to be rude to me whilst I was having a drink in a beer garden as if to insinuate that it was my fault I had been ripped off by him. I took him to the small claims court, he didn't fill out his defence pack & was thus deemed guilty of his crime.

I issued a warrant which Slough county court have tried to enforce 3 times but they couldn't. Why? Because despite the fact that he re-assured 60,000 music fans, (disappointed by not seeing the dozen or so bands he was supossed to be providing for them at Windsor race course & didnt) that he wouldn't moonlight with the money he owed them in refunds, HE ACTUALLY DID MOONLIGHT & owes me £30 in court fees, £55 for the warrant & £175 for rehearsal tht I never hads & postage of letters. If you think you can trust this guy with anything, I strongly advise you to think again!!!

Sounds like my experience with Tickets. He was also very abusive. County Court Judgements etc...didn't reap anything. His family have put a protective net over him and lie re his whereabouts. So my advice is....Boycott Franco the Hairdressers (His dads hairdressing business). Spread the word!

The local press have been very disappointing about it. They advertised the event and then didn't follow up the fraud which was perpetrated. PS it is fraud as the stock was removed from the shop by Svenagli and family prior to the CCJ's being actioned. The stock should legally belong to the creditors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...