PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

At the astoria gig they didn't play Alive, and ended as they usually do on Yellow Ledbetter. When they left stage Eddie was begging to some guy offstage for 1 more song and came back for Alive, it was definitely a real encore and not planned at all.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wanna say mate, thankyou so much for helping me get into pearl jam. i wasnt that familiar with them when they confirmed for reading, and now they are one of my ave bands, (my 13th fave to be presice) (i list them) (im sad). your sheer passion and confidence in the fact that pearl jam is the meaning of life led me to buy 'ten' 'vs' and 'riot act'. dissadent is one of my fav songs of all time, i really hope they play it at reading, should i go for 'no code' next?

just wanna say mate, thankyou so much for helping me get into pearl jam. i wasnt that familiar with them when they confirmed for reading, and now they are one of my ave bands, (my 13th fave to be presice) (i list them) (im sad). your sheer passion and confidence in the fact that pearl jam is the meaning of life led me to buy 'ten' 'vs' and 'riot act'. dissadent is one of my fav songs of all time, i really hope they play it at reading, should i go for 'no code' next?

pj are my favourite band, but right now this is roughly my order from favourite to least-favourite (there are certain songs on the last two in the list that make me cringe, especially riot act)

1. No Code

2. Vitalogy

3. Vs

4. Ten

5. Pearl Jam

6. Lost Dogs

7. Yield

8. Binaural

9. Riot Act

pj are my favourite band, but right now this is roughly my order from favourite to least-favourite (there are certain songs on the last two in the list that make me cringe, especially riot act)

1. No Code

2. Vitalogy

3. Vs

4. Ten

5. Pearl Jam

6. Lost Dogs

7. Yield

8. Binaural

9. Riot Act

In which country? In the States it's their most successful out of everything post-Vitalogy. I got in to them shortly after Yield and always thought it was their 'big commercial return', much like the new self-titled situation. I know for sure that Yield sold comfortably more in the states than Riot Act, Binaural and No Code. In fact I think it's 2x platinum.

It is my personal favourite also. Love Yield to bits. Do The Evolution is one of my favourite all-time hard rock tracks, up there with the likes of Baba O Riley and Trampled Underfoot. Man, that song gets me going and what a video. What a riff, the solo....phenomenal. Some other giants on that album, such as Given to Fly and Wishlist, but I think the MFC > Low Light > In Hiding triumvirate, which I can't stop going on about, is probably the thing I like most about this band. Those three songs together > the world.

Edited by Cultseeker

So I've finally got round to listening to some Pearl Jam (Ollie made me 3 mix CD's of them) and I have to say so far so good!! I didn't think they would be my cuppa to be honest, but I'm liking it! :blink:

Good job I'm liking them, seeing as though I'm seeing them twice this year! ;)

Edited by Paulaviki

So I've finally got round to listening to some Pearl Jam (Ollie made me 3 mix CD's of them) and I have to say so far so good!! I didn't think they would be my cuppa to be honest, but I'm liking it! ;)

Good job I'm liking them, seeing as though I'm seeing them twice this year! :blink: