Flow Festival 2024

qz3

Fred again.., Pulp, The Smile, PJ Harvey, RAYE, and IDLES and many more
9-11 August, Helsinki

Line up looks interesting, almost identical to Way Out West, I guess it is a twin festival since the website also looks the same.

Who have been, any throughts? 

It's a nice city festival, close to the city center and quite comfy, I have enjoyed it last year. Food is vege only and drinks are quite expensive (8eur+ for beer) if I remember correctly. Lineup was rather thin to my tastes as they have 3 stages with ±3 international artists topping each stage, completed with number of local artists, which means there's not much to do in the afternoon unless you're into local acts. Overall it was a nice experience but nothing I would repeat unless there's a special act playing. Blur made me do the trip last year as this was the only date which worked for me 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 4:05 PM, stereodista said:

It’s extortionate, it being Finland. Industrial site which leaves a lot to be desired, with little to no vibe whatsoever. If you’re considering one or the other, go WoW. 

Yep, Flow and WoW are both on my list, another one is Pohoda festival, where the line-up is not so great.

I went to flow in 2015. Was very lucky with the weather. Warm and sunny each day. I had a great time. It's in an urban/concrete site not unlike primavera sound in Barcelona. The booze is of course a bit expensive and you were only allowed to drink craft beer in a special wee area, which was funny. The line up was light during the day but from early evening there was plenty to see and there aren't also the fairly late stage times of fests in Spain, Greece etc. Helsinki itself is OK, not as nice as the major Swedish cities imo. You can get a ferry across to Riga which is a nice twist of you want to make a longer holiday of it.