A little bit of what you fancy, does you good.

So, it's kind of a 'discussion' - in that you can discuss what's posted (or go completely off on a tangent, if you so like). However, the idea of the thread is to post something you like. It could be art, the written word (same thing in some instances), statements of fact (eg. from the Guinness Book Of Records), something from the Urban Dictionary - anything. Anything at all. However, you must like it. 

To kick it off, I am offering some photos.

This, I believe, is called 'American Costumi'

image.png

image.png

Other types of photos, and other bits and bobs;

image.png

image.png

image.png

Holmes describes Moriarty's physical appearance to Watson, saying the professor is extremely tall and thin, clean-shaven, pale, and ascetic-looking. He has a forehead that "domes out in a white curve", deeply sunken eyes, and shoulders that are "rounded from much study".

There now - that's enough to be getting on with. Please note that I'll possibly keep this thread going, even if nobody else does. It's a perfect vehicle to 'purge'.

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Can’t see a few of those photos above yog sadly but I’ve been to see this knife angel which is in my town this month and touring the uk which is pretty thought provoking 

IMG_8261.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8259.jpeg

I have wanted to see that statue 'in the flesh' for some time now. Although the background representation of knife crime is tawdry, it is a most excellent sculpture. For anybody reading and doesn't know - it' was created from knives handed in at an amnesty by the police. The statue as art, blows my mind. It is so amazingly conceived and also executed. It's base is in Shropshire (where I live). I must make the effort to see it when it's next back in the county.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

but definately needs a zoom 

Yes, that's the problem. Well, that and the fact that my mind is wandering a little at the moment, so it's difficult to focus. 

May as well drop some more stuff on here, while I'm here;

image.png

image.png

Inline image 1

Taken in 1967 by Rocco Morabito, this photo called “The Kiss of Life” shows a utility worker named J.D. Thompson giving mouth-to-mouth to co-worker Randall G. Champion after he went unconscious following contact with a low voltage line. They had been performing routine maintenance when Champion brushed one of the low voltage lines at the very top of the utility pole. His safety harness prevented a fall, and Thompson, who had been ascending below him, quickly reached him and performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. He was unable to perform CPR given the circumstances, but continued breathing into Champion’s lungs until he felt a slight pulse, then unbuckled his harness and descended with him on his shoulder. Thompson and another worker administered CPR on the ground, and Champion was moderately revived by the time paramedics arrived, eventually making a full recovery.

What’s even more incredible is Champion not only survived this thanks to Thompson, but he lived an extra 35 years. He died in 2002 at 64 years old. Thompson is still alive today.

Rocco Morabito was driving on West 26th Street in July 1967 on another assignment when he saw Champion dangling from the pole. He called an ambulance and grabbed his camera. “I passed these men working and went on to my assignment”, says Morabito. “I took eight pictures at the strike. I thought I’d go back and see if I could rind another picture”. But when Morabito gets back to the linemen, “I heard screaming. I looked up and I saw this man hanging down. Oh my God. I didn’t know what to do. I took a picture right quick. J.D. Thompson was running toward the pole. I went to my car and called an ambulance. I got back to the pole and J.D. was breathing into Champion. I backed off, way off until I hit a house and I couldn’t go any farther. I took another picture. Then I heard Thompson shouting down: He’s breathing!”.

This from Shangri'lart ;

image.png

=====================================================================================-===

image.png

Yes, this is a real invention from 1925. American inventor Hugo Gernsback created this mask, called “the Isolator,” to increase productivity. The helmet was designed to block out all noise and sensations outside of a person’s work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inline image 4