Late arrivals

thisguy

Hiya, long time lurker, first time poster and attender. Lucky enough to be going this year for the first time. unfortunately I wasnt really thinking when I selected our coach departure times and will be leaving on the later side, from London thursday 8am. So I've three questions

1. What time roughly can we expect to be at the festival?

2. Where can we realistically expect to find camping space? bare in mind it will just be me and one friend and we'll each have small tents

3. Who is SZA (i'm kidding i'm kidding)

1 - Between 12-2PM

2 - Much more likely to find spots further away from the action and conveniently closer to Gate A where your bus will drop you off. If you want to be further south, fields like South Park 1 and Back house take more time to fill up but you may find the available spots a bit steep. If you walk from Gate A south, I would speak to all the camp coordinators on your travels (they have a caravan and a big map and high vis vests) and see if they know of any spaces. Below is the route I would take

image.thumb.png.28daab184e69522e3572a45fd46907ca.png

3 - Just as ill informed as you  

I used to drive through the night from the North West and arrive on site about 5am Thursday. Last few times I did it in a tent we camped in Darble literally just inside Gate A. Was always plenty of room even after the festival started "proper" later in the week.

Its a bit of a walk in but I reckon most only do it once a day and once back. Advantages are its high up if it rains and doesn't flood and once everyone is on site very little footfall past- and quiet of a night. Less of a hike if you are dragging a lot of gear. Also quick exit on Monday am.

We also did the family camping a couple of times in Wicket closeby. (even though we strictly didn't have kids with us not young ones anyway). That was decent as well.

Edited by Popsider75

On 3/26/2024 at 11:18 AM, thisguy said:

Hiya, long time lurker, first time poster and attender. Lucky enough to be going this year for the first time. 

Congratulations on getting a ticket, hope you have a great year 🙂