Sign of the Times 2024

Dales

All the headliners announced now. I took a punt on early bird tickets before any names and paid £89.50 including fees. I was worried that it might clash with some acts I wanted to see at Finsbury Park but so far lucked out at I am not bothered about the acts announced so far.

Good to see a couple of newer acts in The K's and Lottery Winners.

May be an image of text that says "SICNITIMES FESTIVAL2 5TH 7TH JULY 2024 MAIN STAGE JULY SAT JULY SUN 7T JULY THE WATERBOYS TRAVIS FEEDER KULA SHAKER JAKE BUGG REVEREND & THE K'S THE VIEW THE MAKERS ECHOBELLY HOTHOUSE FLOWERS SCOUTING FOR GIRLS TOYAH THE LOTTERY WINNERS DUTTY MOONSHINE BIG BAND DODGY FRI 5TH JULY 808 STATE GENERAL LEVY DUB PISTOLS TBA BUSTER SHUFFLE BIG TOP STAGE SAT 6TH JULY CRAIG CHARLES BRAND NEW HEAVIES DIESEL CHRISTIANS TBA JAMES BONE SUN 7TH JULY NED'S ATOMIC DUSTBIN TURIN BRAKES THE ALARM DREADZONE THEN JERICO SCREAMING CHURCH END, NEAR LITTLE HADHAM, HERTFORDSHIRE, 2STAGES TICKETS FOOD ATTRACTIONS CAMPING TICKETS"

26 minutes ago, Dales said:

All the headliners announced now. I took a punt on early bird tickets before any names and paid £89.50 including fees. I was worried that it might clash with some acts I wanted to see at Finsbury Park but so far lucked out at I am not bothered about the acts announced so far.

Good to see a couple of newer acts in The K's and Lottery Winners.

May be an image of text that says "SICNITIMES FESTIVAL2 5TH 7TH JULY 2024 MAIN STAGE JULY SAT JULY SUN 7T JULY THE WATERBOYS TRAVIS FEEDER KULA SHAKER JAKE BUGG REVEREND & THE K'S THE VIEW THE MAKERS ECHOBELLY HOTHOUSE FLOWERS SCOUTING FOR GIRLS TOYAH THE LOTTERY WINNERS DUTTY MOONSHINE BIG BAND DODGY FRI 5TH JULY 808 STATE GENERAL LEVY DUB PISTOLS TBA BUSTER SHUFFLE BIG TOP STAGE SAT 6TH JULY CRAIG CHARLES BRAND NEW HEAVIES DIESEL CHRISTIANS TBA JAMES BONE SUN 7TH JULY NED'S ATOMIC DUSTBIN TURIN BRAKES THE ALARM DREADZONE THEN JERICO SCREAMING CHURCH END, NEAR LITTLE HADHAM, HERTFORDSHIRE, 2STAGES TICKETS FOOD ATTRACTIONS CAMPING TICKETS"

Saturday is potentially worth a look at, Feeder we're poor last I saw them and just going through the motions. If Yhe Coral were playing that day I'd probably forget Monument Fest and do this.

It's Monument vs Pool Harbour Fest currently. I might be wrong but it appears that it's £17 for a ticket currently for the Sunday of Pool and final release is £30. Even at that £30, I've got about 6 acts I'd see including the headliner, sub, 3rd and 4th which is amazing value. I might be wrong and that's just circus cost. £43 with 5 tokens for any beer, wine or spirit mixer.

Edited by northernangel

i do like these smaller festivals both Monument and Pool Harbout looking cracking value with some real decent bands. These not so well known and trumpted events often attract bands that will often charge £40/£50 for their own shows.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dales said:

i do like these smaller festivals both Monument and Pool Harbout looking cracking value with some real decent bands. These not so well known and trumpted events often attract bands that will often charge £40/£50 for their own shows.

Yup these are more what I've been looking at because it's actually value. You don't get a 'headline' act but with bands I've seen over the years I don't necessarily need one. Seeing for example Razorlight down the bill at Splendour a few years back and Dickie headline it was great. I was a big Razor fan back in the day though....I was th right indie era for it and it felt like you had a headline special guest in the middle of the day.

Its a shame I have to go so far for them but my area isn't going to bring a festival like that. No one decides to holiday or take a break in Northamptonshire for a couple of days lol, massive hole.

I try not to compare the price you mention too much because I can spend say £40 one of the headliners but if I'm going to watch then in an indoor venue with guaranteed try weather, no wind or whatever taking the sound and the sounds stays inside the venue then I expect to pay more. Similar to if I see a band that stands there with less 'show' I expect the pass less that an equivalent sized band that have more of a show.

Edited by northernangel