Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

have you any in the pipeline whilst you are here ? 🙂 

sadly not at this moment, Miguel is stuck in Brazil where the floods are looking after his family, friends and neighbours. It’s very sad. 

he’s told me to try and go ahead and record one with someone if I can find a guest. Will put some graft in this weekend to find someone.

19 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

totally agree BillieBobs! My best mate is not an efester (yet!) but he’s worked so hard so would appreciate your vote for the groovy flower if you did feel inclined! Xx 

(also I know I am not the most active here but i do do the GlastoCast podcast!)

Voted for the flower 🥰

4 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

sadly not at this moment, Miguel is stuck in Brazil where the floods are looking after his family, friends and neighbours. It’s very sad. 

he’s told me to try and go ahead and record one with someone if I can find a guest. Will put some graft in this weekend to find someone.

ah crumbs thats shite ..best of luck for the guest and Miguel 

12 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

Sorry to hear about Miguel. Love your podcast. Hope you find someone.  I’ve been 14 times. No ticket this year yet!  Guess my luck finally ran out. 

Regarding the AI thing. Where does this stand in terms of copyright?

Obviously by entering the competition, you're granting permission for WaterAid to use the image as they see fit (perpetually, worldwide, royalty free).

Would I be right in thinking that the person submitting it has no actual rights to the image, and that if it did win, could result in WaterAid getting a fairly hefty lawsuit. I'm presuming that the copyright here rests with the company that owns the AI software.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Obviously by entering the competition, you're granting permission for WaterAid to use the image as they see fit (perpetually, worldwide, royalty free).

Would I be right in thinking that the person submitting it has no actual rights to the image, and that if it did win, could result in WaterAid getting a fairly hefty lawsuit. I'm presuming that the copyright here rests with the company that owns the AI software.

These are their official T&Cs. Not too sure on the legal stuff if WaterAid did print it.

747f3b3d-a871-4487-b949-3d1603d4f88e.jpeg

Edited by WheresMyTent

1 minute ago, incident said:

id say they've f**ked it and it breaks the terms anyway 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

id say they've f**ked it and it breaks the terms anyway 

Sure, but the reason I'm asking is - an organisation wouldn't necessarily want the hassle / potential bad PR of backtracking "just" because something broke the T&Cs. They certainly would feel obliged to do so if they felt it left them legally exposed.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Sure, but the reason I'm asking is - an organisation wouldn't necessarily want the hassle / potential bad PR of backtracking "just" because something broke the T&Cs. They certainly would feel obliged to do so if they felt it left them legally exposed.

Anything generated using the Microsoft AI engine cannot be used for commercial purposes. I would say from what I have seen this could be what was used to create it due to the style, of course could be wrong but from what has been posted it looks similar to the style that chucks out. 

From their terms: ‘You agree that your use of Designer is for personal use only and not for
use in the course of trade or commerce’

Edited by Lucy92

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Anything generated using the Microsoft AI engine cannot be used for commercial purposes. I would say from what I have seen this could be what was used to create it due to the style, of course could be wrong but from what has been posted it looks similar to the style that chucks out. 

From their terms: ‘You agree that your use of Designer is for personal use only and not for
use in the course of trade or commerce’

Excellent knowledge thank you Lucy. I hope, if WaterAid don’t acknowledge this and restart the vote, that they at least don’t let the AI design win, for fairness purposes but also because of this possible problem!

8 minutes ago, incident said:

I think they'd be open to worse PR if they kept it .... the prize hasnt been given yet so better to rerun minus AI entry 

I think even if they left the entry in nobody will vote for him as it’s being doing its rounds on social media.

That being said it’s pretty sh*t for anyone who’s wasted a vote on it. My guess is they’ll disqualify him and have the remaining 4 finalists. But then that opens up an argument about how he’s potentially blocked another finalist.

Dont listen to me though, im probably overthinking it and still extremely bitter at the AI scandal 😂🙈

7 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

Just imagining the absolute scenes on here if the AI design wins 😬

people actually wearing the design at the festival… I would be ragin 😂