Roskilde Festival 2024

jonathansoegaard

Could see Kings Of Leon being added as a headliner on Saturday; they are about next summer.

Their last 5 or so albums are utterly forgettable but they had some amazing early songs on those first few albums. Haven't seen them since about 2009 so not sure what their current sets are like.

16 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

Some new names should definitely be around the corner.
I keep my fingers crossed that there are some good artists this time.
It should be the last names before the poster reveal sometime this spring. it's usually in april right?

As I've read in other forums, artist like 21 Savage and Maneskin are probably the biggest names we are getting next week. Cannot see anyone else getting added at this point for headliners. Smaller names are harder to predict, but I can see Michael Kiwanuka, Air, L´imperatrice and others. 

On 2/23/2024 at 12:27 PM, festivalguy97 said:

As I've read in other forums, artist like 21 Savage and Maneskin are probably the biggest names we are getting next week. Cannot see anyone else getting added at this point for headliners. Smaller names are harder to predict, but I can see Michael Kiwanuka, Air, L´imperatrice and others. 

I don’t know when it will be announced, but there is a much bigger name than either of those on the way. 

SZA headlining the Saturday.

Also added:

Tems (NG)
Tyla (ZA)

Bad Gyal (ES)
Ida Laurberg (DK)
Jessie Ware (UK)
Kim Gordon (US)

47Soul (PS)
Les Amazones d'Afrique (ML)
Angel Du$t (US)
Gel (US)
HAEPAARY (KR)
HHY & The Kampala Unit (UG)
The Last Dinner Party (UK)
Lorenzo Senni (IT)
Lovebites (JP)
LSDXOXO (US)
Majur (BR)
ML Buch (DK)
Myrkur (DK)
Nick Shoulders (US)
Sofia Kourtesis (PE)
Titi Bakorta (CD)

SZA, Myrkur, Kim Gordon, Angel Dust and Gel are great additions for me! 😁

Edited by FrogLobster

• 1 month later...

Overall, im content for my tastes.

Some acts I haven't seen before but have been wanting to see for a while (Heilung, Better Lovers, Skrillex, Myrkur), a bunch that have seen before and will reliably put on amazing shows (Foos, Jane's Addiction, PJ Harvey, The Armed, Frank Carter, Kvelertak, While She Sleeps) and some im curious to check out (Doja Cat, Khrungabin, Gel, Belle and Sebastian, Kim Gordon, Julie Christmas, Lankum etc). I usually don't like the rush of sprinting between stages at fests so have breathing room to check out the smaller stages and more niche acts. 🙂

Its clear they have struggled with larger-name headliners; Foos being the only main heavy-hitter. Thursday top slots look like a scrambling mess, Doja is definetly weaker/risky booking and no idea of SZA's size in Denmark as AFAIK she has never played here before. Surprised they didn't draft in a large Danish pop name (Lukas Graham, MO, Jada, Minds of 99) for one of the Orange headliner positions.

I do understand why people are saying its massively weaker than previous years; because overall it is. Especially if you go back 5 or 6 years and compare it to 2019 and 2018 lineups.

Edited by FrogLobster