Jump to content
  • Join our community!

    Join over 250K members and chat about all things festivals.

Nova Rock 2024


SweetJesus
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ferda said:

I did it always by car, stayed in Bratislava and drove there and back every day. It's doable, ±45 mins each way.

As an alternative, you may consider Rock for People instead if you wish to see PWD, BMTH, Pendulum. It's much easier logistics-wise if you are driving (RfP is next to the large city while Nova is in the middle of nowhere). Just a thought 😉

Ahh I see thanks. I was planning on camping as it's a good laugh at download. 

Yeah I did think about Rock for People or RAR/RIP but the linkup for Nova is just so stacked. I think theres about 6 bands i'd want to see if the leaked download poster is true. For Nova Rock I've got at least 18.

Whats the situation like at Nova for extra curricular activites. Not a drinker personally so would like to try and get my hands on some green for the weekend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bobbychong said:

Ahh I see thanks. I was planning on camping as it's a good laugh at download. 

Yeah I did think about Rock for People or RAR/RIP but the linkup for Nova is just so stacked. I think theres about 6 bands i'd want to see if the leaked download poster is true. For Nova Rock I've got at least 18.

Whats the situation like at Nova for extra curricular activites. Not a drinker personally so would like to try and get my hands on some green for the weekend?

Nova is a great festival but it's in the middle of corn fields. I can't speak for camping site as there might be some extra activities, but the arena has nothing extra apart from stages, food/drinks stalls and some basic attractions (karaoke, ferris wheel, merch). That's the reason why I stayed in Bratislava. If you fancy extra activities, RfP has much broader offering (e.g. theatre, dance, yoga, sports, etc.) on site plus you can always go to the city. A lot of names to be announced there still, I am sure many Nova acts will be shared. Both are great festivals, you won't go wrong with any of them. Feel free to DM me if you need further info. Cheers! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobbychong said:

This lineup is looking insane compared to Download this year. Would love to see PWD, BMTH, Pendulum again.

Has anyone driven here by car before? Looking at travelling over with a few friends, staying in Dam for a day on the way etc. 

There is a good train connection between the festival and vieanna and the train tickets are dirt cheap. If you decide not camp they even have trains going back into the city after the headliner played

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ausländer said:

There is a good train connection between the festival and vieanna and the train tickets are dirt cheap. If you decide not camp they even have trains going back into the city after the headliner played

This might be the piece of info which swings me to buying a ticket. Always wanted to see Vienna, and the idea of staying in a hotel after doing exclusively camping festivals this year will appeal massively to my wife. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

This might be the piece of info which swings me to buying a ticket. Always wanted to see Vienna, and the idea of staying in a hotel after doing exclusively camping festivals this year will appeal massively to my wife. 

The trains depart a little over an hour after the last band played. This means on the day with the late night act this will be around 3am, for the other days it will be around 2. But the train ride back is under an hour. I would recommend getting a hotel near "Bahnhof Meidling/railway station Meidling" that way you will only have a short walk home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

The trains depart a little over an hour after the last band played. This means on the day with the late night act this will be around 3am, for the other days it will be around 2. But the train ride back is under an hour. I would recommend getting a hotel near "Bahnhof Meidling/railway station Meidling" that way you will only have a short walk home.

Ah that's even better, sounds like there won't be a huge mad rush to get from the headliners/last band to get the train back. That is excellent info as well, thank you so much!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A friend and I are seriously considering going to this next year, but neither of us have done a festival outside of the UK before. Is it roughly the same size as Download? We're going to have to fly, does anyone know if any airports have shuttles to the festival direct from the airport itself? Thinking of flying from the UK wednesday morning, getting a shuttle to the fest hopefully from the airport and flying back on the monday if possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Who100 said:

A friend and I are seriously considering going to this next year, but neither of us have done a festival outside of the UK before. Is it roughly the same size as Download? We're going to have to fly, does anyone know if any airports have shuttles to the festival direct from the airport itself? Thinking of flying from the UK wednesday morning, getting a shuttle to the fest hopefully from the airport and flying back on the monday if possible.

There isn't a shuttle from the airport to the festival, but you can take the train from the airport to Bahnhof Meidling, and from Bahnhof Meidling a train to the festival. All in all the train rides will be under 2 hours. 

Never been to download so I can't give you a good comparison, but I've been to leeds in 2013, and the festivals are about the same size with nova rock having a bigger outdoor second stage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

There isn't a shuttle from the airport to the festival, but you can take the train from the airport to Bahnhof Meidling, and from Bahnhof Meidling a train to the festival. All in all the train rides will be under 2 hours. 

Never been to download so I can't give you a good comparison, but I've been to leeds in 2013, and the festivals are about the same size with nova rock having a bigger outdoor second stage 

Ah this'll be much harder to plan than I first thought then. Which airport is that from? Are there many trains that run that route on the wednesday and the monday to get back? Haven't done a festival abroad before so no clue when to look at for flights and transport etc haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vienna airport.

There’ is also enough trains, check timetable from this year    https://www.novarock.at/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/Online-Fahrplan-Novarock-2023_1-1.pdf
 

There was also a shuttle from Erdberg bus station, but I think only 2 per day.

I think Download is much bigger than Nova Rock. Download capacity is around 80-90k, while Nova Rock is around 55k people per day. If you’re not in the pit, you can easily get from one stage to another in a 5-10 minutes.

Edited by SweetJesus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Vienna airport.

There’ is also enough trains, check timetable from this year    https://www.novarock.at/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/Online-Fahrplan-Novarock-2023_1-1.pdf
 

There was also a shuttle from Erdberg bus station, but I think only 2 per day.

I think Download is much bigger than Nova Rock. Download capacity is around 80-90k, while Nova Rock is around 55k people per day. If you’re not in the pit, you can easily get from one stage to another in a 5-10 minutes.

Cheers. I've found Download is fine with that capacity, so Nova being that much smaller would be a nice change for what I'm used to. So if I can get the earliest flight to Vienna airport wednesday morning, i'll be able to get the train to Bahnhof Meidling and from there to the festival fairly easily? And same journey back on the monday should work ok too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2023 at 12:48 AM, Who100 said:

Cheers. I've found Download is fine with that capacity, so Nova being that much smaller would be a nice change for what I'm used to. So if I can get the earliest flight to Vienna airport wednesday morning, i'll be able to get the train to Bahnhof Meidling and from there to the festival fairly easily? And same journey back on the monday should work ok too?

No this shouldn't be a problem. The day before the festival there is a train once every hour all day. The day after the festival there is a bunch of trains going back to vieanna until around 1pm. Between the airport and meidling there a multiple trains every hour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it possible to take a taxi from some hotel near the border in Slovakia / Hungary to the festival site (and especially back late at night)? Are they available? If so maybe anyone who tried it remember the prices?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Is it possible to take a taxi from some hotel near the border in Slovakia / Hungary to the festival site (and especially back late at night)? Are they available? If so maybe anyone who tried it remember the prices?

Rent a car and drive. It's perfectly doable.

Honestly, I would be quite surprised if you can get taxis at Nova, it's literally in the middle of nowhere, next to a tiny village. But I might be wrong...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...