Saving campervan space

Twunt

You can’t save space for another van, no. You need to arrive together if you want to camp together. It would be chaos if they tried to allow this.

I’ve never been checked for knives but you can be checked for glass, which is not allowed. I guess if you have a samurai sword sized knife in there it may well also be not allowed.

2 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

No its all one way until Sunday

I think what he was suggesting is NOT to head back down Blue Route but rather... If he arrived Tuesday and parked in E18 could he then leave E18 when his buddy turns up on Thursday and gets put in E14...

my thoughts are that it could work but only if you are actually in the field when your friend arrives.. and then you could ask the parking steward if they can leave a space for you to move into.... They may say no of course depends whether there are still a few coming in.. I certainly wouldnt move your van until you know that a new spot is there..

Who knows you may be able to park up having enough spare for your friend.. to your point strategically pitch a tent..The fields are not perfectly square and often you will get a bit of room if you are on the end (near a hedge).. My friend did this for me one year in E19..

Of course the festival dont want people driving about willy nilly as there are lots of people about..

I would suggest 2 things are key... 1. dont take the piss with the amount of space you take and 2. dont piss off your neighbours by edging into their space.

What vehicles do you have and which section are you both in.?

On 6/16/2023 at 10:42 PM, t0paz said:

You can’t save space for another van, no. You need to arrive together if you want to camp together. It would be chaos if they tried to allow this.

Not strictly true. 

I couldn't make it until Thursday AM last year, but my sister arrived in her van on Tuesday. She asked for space for an awning even though she didn't have one, then made a show of being bad at parking, to take up more space. She put a gazebo in the space preserved and when I got there on Thursday I parked in that space. I didn't bother with our awning, as we didn't spend much time at camp, but had room for it if I'd wanted. I did have to persuade the parking staff to let me go to the space, which i managed by showing them pics of it and a live location of where my sister was parked. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Twunt how did this work out for you… did you get parked next to your friends.?

I met a nice lady on Wednesday that was parked in E15 and her neighbours (in 2 vans) were a bit obnoxious.. music, shouting and on the weed all thru Tuesday evening into the early hours and it was really tightly packed in there anyway.

so we spoke to the stewards and they helped her move to E14 later on Wednesday.. but that was a woman camping on her own that was feeling uncomfortable.. an understandable reason to move..

On 6/28/2023 at 9:23 AM, BlueDaze said:

@Twunt how did this work out for you… did you get parked next to your friends.?

I met a nice lady on Wednesday that was parked in E15 and her neighbours (in 2 vans) were a bit obnoxious.. music, shouting and on the weed all thru Tuesday evening into the early hours and it was really tightly packed in there anyway.

so we spoke to the stewards and they helped her move to E14 later on Wednesday.. but that was a woman camping on her own that was feeling uncomfortable.. an understandable reason to move..

That ws unfortunate for her My mate ended up in E16 but I was put in E15 on thursday , tbh he was only a minute walk away and I had lots of space and found the walk easier than when I was put in E17 in previous years. All in all a good result , plus straight out on Monday.

Hope you had a good one 

1 hour ago, Twunt said:

That ws unfortunate for her My mate ended up in E16 but I was put in E15 on thursday , tbh he was only a minute walk away and I had lots of space and found the walk easier than when I was put in E17 in previous years. All in all a good result , plus straight out on Monday.

Hope you had a good one 

I did indeed...

I will be glad when they install the escalator on that hill though.