Best time/place to have a shower and best place to camp to be next to them?

Duggyfresh44

Hi, just after some shower advice. I’ve done Worthy View for the last decade or so but am in the main Festival this year. I didn’t usually bother too much back in the day but now I like my home comforts and I get a bit stressed if I’m grubby…

So just wondering where is the best place for camping near-ish to showers, which are the best ones, and what’s the best time to use them etc. 

TIA! 

The only showers are near the Kidzfield.  It’s a long queue from 7/8am so best to get there early. The campsites around there get filled very quickly. 

I have never bothered personally but a friend did last year and queued for about 45 minutes.

3 hours ago, SarMc said:

The only showers are near the Kidzfield.  It’s a long queue from 7/8am so best to get there early. The campsites around there get filled very quickly. 

I have never bothered personally but a friend did last year and queued for about 45 minutes.

Greenpeace also have showers, and there's Lost Horizon Sauna too. 

Personally I'm an advocate of keeping a microfibre towel and small washbag in the bottom of my day bag and just popping into Greenpeace or the Kidzfield for a shower in the early afternoon if I happen to be passing and there's not much of a queue. I did this twice last year and can thoroughly recommend. 

I felt fresh as a daisy on Friday afternoon after dropping the kids off in the railway line long drops then having a 3pm shower at Greenpeace after a 3 minute queue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I felt fresh as a daisy on Friday afternoon after dropping the kids off in the railway line long drops then having a 3pm shower at Greenpeace after a 3 minute queue. 

In?

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Greenpeace also have showers, and there's Lost Horizon Sauna too. 

Personally I'm an advocate of keeping a microfibre towel and small washbag in the bottom of my day bag and just popping into Greenpeace or the Kidzfield for a shower in the early afternoon if I happen to be passing and there's not much of a queue. I did this twice last year and can thoroughly recommend. 

Thank you that’s good to know. I remember having a shower there in 2003 I think but the queues were insane. So that’s good advice cheers. 

On 6/12/2023 at 10:31 AM, blutarsky said:

Personally I'm an advocate of keeping a microfibre towel and small washbag in the bottom of my day bag and just popping into Greenpeace or the Kidzfield for a shower in the early afternoon 

I am going to do similar this year, hammam towel, flannel and a small bar of soap in the bag. 💪 hardly weighs anything.