Caravan hire - drop off

Pandas

On 5/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, Pandas said:

Hi, does anyone know of a caravan hire company that drops them off at Glasto into the camper van fields? Unfortunately we have been left in the lurch as a company has decided they don't want to do it this year.

I'm sure you already know this, but it's very very late in the day. I know of some companies which have standing bookings with people and may only get 1-2 units available to rent out each year. I may be wrong on this detail, but I also think the companies which drop off need to be registered with, or known to, the Festival, so it may be even harder to do at the last minute, even if you find someone willing to do it. 

I have recently seen a few adverts on Facebook from people offering their campers for hire, but you'd need to drive there. 

One option may be to buy a cheap caravan, then sell it on afterwards for a minimal loss. Would probably work out cheaper than renting. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, blutarsky said:

One option may be to buy a cheap caravan, then sell it on afterwards for a minimal loss. Would probably work out cheaper than renting. 

This was my thinking about ten years ago. Having previously borrowed or rented caravans and motorhomes I thought it would make sense to buy a cheap van and sell it on straight after the festival. I originally planned to spend about 600 quid on one, but then I thought if I spent a bit more it would be easier to sell on. I finally got a caravan for a grand...I liked it so much that I ended up keeping it and it's been to every Glastonbury since!! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/30/2023 at 5:08 PM, Pear_Cider said:

This was my thinking about ten years ago. Having previously borrowed or rented caravans and motorhomes I thought it would make sense to buy a cheap van and sell it on straight after the festival. I originally planned to spend about 600 quid on one, but then I thought if I spent a bit more it would be easier to sell on. I finally got a caravan for a grand...I liked it so much that I ended up keeping it and it's been to every Glastonbury since!! 😄 

Photos!!

1 hour ago, Pear_Cider said:

Ok, here you go 🙂 There'll be an extra flag this year...having one made depicting my hat so that friends can find me in the CV fields 😄 

van4.jpg

van3.jpg

van2.jpg

van1.jpg

Fab - what a lovely setup! We'll be in a our space themed campervan so not hard to miss if we're nearby. I had my first "you know what, if we got a cheap caravan for next year we could tow it AND have the van!" conversation last week, so I don't think it's long before we're in the market. 

• Like 1