WV/Sticklinch parking ticket for international visitors: Box Office collection only??

MrsWildeman

Buzzed getting tickets for 2023. First time General Admission and not Coach. Seems like we will be driving down from Hamburg, Germany this time then, instead of flying into Bristol. We want to try for Worthy View again - stayed there two previous times - or Sticklinch. On the Glasto website info page for Worthy View booking it says about the WV/Sticklinch parking tickets: "Car Park tickets for International customers will be Collection at Box Office only". What does this mean exactly? Do we have to collect the tickets somewhere else before driving to the WV/Sticklinch car park? Or can we just drive up with our confirmation and get our tickets at the gate? Anyone been driving to WV or Sticklinch from outside the UK before and can give us some infos?

So this year was a but messy and it looks like 2023 will be different ...

At first it said something like "you will be able to show your email confirmation and the stewards will let you through but that did NOT happen". Some people got their money back from See because of that.

There's a change in the ticket info somewhere on the website saying that this year tickets will be sent to European locations, so I don't see why that would exclude the parking ones.

Found it. If they send the regular tickets they'll send the parking passes too...

And I am now remembering they did send the pass this year for WV/campervans to Europe after a lot of back and forth. Not the tickets which made it a pain but anyway. Hopefully a thing of the past.

"INTERNATIONAL TICKETS FOR THOSE IN THE EU will be sent out by registered international post, unless specified otherwise. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via See Tickets’ order tracker. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number. If it is likely you will set off for the Festival more than 28 days before the event commences, please select the option for ‘Box Office Collection’ when paying your ticket balance. 

INTERNATIONAL TICKETS FOR THOSE IN THE EU will be sent out by registered international post, unless specified otherwise. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via See Tickets’ order tracker. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number. If it is likely you will set off for the Festival more than 28 days before the event commences, please select the option for ‘Box Office Collection’ when paying your ticket balance. "

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Hey Moogster, thanks for the infos! I knew that the General Admission tickets would be sent out by registered mail. I was just unsure about the Worthy View or Sticklinch parking tickets because of that "Car Park tickets for International customers will be Collection at Box Office only" line... I suppose - and hope! - they will be sent out as well this year. Just wait and see I guess... 🙂

11 hours ago, MrsWildeman said:

Hey Moogster, thanks for the infos! I knew that the General Admission tickets would be sent out by registered mail. I was just unsure about the Worthy View or Sticklinch parking tickets because of that "Car Park tickets for International customers will be Collection at Box Office only" line... I suppose - and hope! - they will be sent out as well this year. Just wait and see I guess... 🙂

The info on the website sometimes contradicts itself, depending on the page you're looking at. They've been showered with requests last year due to this, for example Irish campervan goers,  so I'm quite sure it will be right (for European visitors anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, moogster said:

Found it. If they send the regular tickets they'll send the parking passes too...

And I am now remembering they did send the pass this year for WV/campervans to Europe after a lot of back and forth. Not the tickets which made it a pain but anyway. Hopefully a thing of the past.

"INTERNATIONAL TICKETS FOR THOSE IN THE EU will be sent out by registered international post, unless specified otherwise. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via See Tickets’ order tracker. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number. If it is likely you will set off for the Festival more than 28 days before the event commences, please select the option for ‘Box Office Collection’ when paying your ticket balance. 

INTERNATIONAL TICKETS FOR THOSE IN THE EU will be sent out by registered international post, unless specified otherwise. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via See Tickets’ order tracker. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number. If it is likely you will set off for the Festival more than 28 days before the event commences, please select the option for ‘Box Office Collection’ when paying your ticket balance. "

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

So they're sending tickets our no later than 28 days before the event next year then??? 

Seems earlier than this year, but I can't really remember... 

Edited by Alvoram

3 hours ago, moogster said:

I think you may remember well.

😂 Well I remember a panic... It's all a bit of a whirl as I was one of the first to get my tickets in hand. (I think I was amongst the very first to post that they were with postie, but then I missed the knock, and had to go pick them up later that afternoon.) 

Edit: I just checked and I did actually get mine on May 24th

Edited by Alvoram