Bristol/wells bus questions

MetaKate

Am I right in thinking that there's a local bus I can grab on the Wednesday if I stay in Wells? Is it fairly easy to get on and where does it leave from? 

Same questions for Bristol, it looks like there's a local bus I grab to get to Glastonbury town that doesn't have to be pre booked? 

I'm flying into Bristol Airport on the Tuesday and trying to figure out where would be easiest to stay/get the bus from on Weds. 

51 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Am I right in thinking that there's a local bus I can grab on the Wednesday if I stay in Wells? Is it fairly easy to get on and where does it leave from? 

Same questions for Bristol, it looks like there's a local bus I grab to get to Glastonbury town that doesn't have to be pre booked? 

I'm flying into Bristol Airport on the Tuesday and trying to figure out where would be easiest to stay/get the bus from on Weds. 

Ref bus from Wells the 376 'Mendip Explorer' leaves from Princes Road Bus Station (which is 2 mins walk from Wells town centre) approx every 20 mins and heads to Glastonbury town.  This bus comes from Bristol Temple Meads and is the one recommended to catch to then link up with the GF1 shuttle bus from Glastonbury to the festival bus station.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-bus/

Linked question, anyone able to comment on how reliable the GF1/GF2 buses are? We're staying offsite this year in Shepton Mallet and debating if we drive in each day, use the bus, or rely on taxis. Any advice? Would the buses each day be too busy, particular late ones after headliners making it hard to get back to our accommodation? 

21 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ref bus from Wells the 376 'Mendip Explorer' leaves from Princes Road Bus Station (which is 2 mins walk from Wells town centre) approx every 20 mins and heads to Glastonbury town.  This bus comes from Bristol Temple Meads and is the one recommended to catch to then link up with the GF1 shuttle bus from Glastonbury to the festival bus station.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-bus/

Awesome thanks! I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to have a ticket in advance. I think I'll try to stay in Wells and hopefully make my Wednesday a bit easier

On 6/1/2022 at 7:16 AM, MetaKate said:

We're driving from Dublin and will be staying in Bristol from Monday. We're aiming to get to the festival for 4am-ish on Wednesday and it's just myself and my gf in my car. If you're happy with an early start and fancy the company, you're more than welcome to jump in with us. Sure just drop me a DM if you're interested ✌️

On 6/2/2022 at 1:35 AM, Empire87 said:

Linked question, anyone able to comment on how reliable the GF1/GF2 buses are? We're staying offsite this year in Shepton Mallet and debating if we drive in each day, use the bus, or rely on taxis. Any advice? Would the buses each day be too busy, particular late ones after headliners making it hard to get back to our accommodation? 

I've always found the buses to be reliable. Normally use the Glastonbury bus service and while the services after the headliners end on Friday, Saturday and Sunday can be a bit busy I've never been turned away, and they run every 30 minutes until 2am. Aside from the Wednesday morning service the buses from the Town are normally quite quiet too.

In the past when I've stopped off site and driven in, you can find yourself a long way out in the car parks and face a long walk to the gates. Not used the taxi system so can't really comment on that 

• Thanks 1