Camper arrival times

blutarsky

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

agree with this.... but its no exact science right..? Its punters at Glastonbury....

I wouldnt get too wrapped up in where you end up parking tbh... Granted being in E23 (as i was in 2019) was better than being in E17 (2017) but it only saved me 10/15 minutes walking time.... In the general scheme of the weekend it aint much!

The only way i personally would consider the kerfuffle of arriving on site on Tuesday, finding a way to get back offsite, buggering off home, coming back in on Friday and then having to get to where you left my van... would be if i was guaranteed a spot in E21 overlooking the festival !

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Aye, I've been in the field by the outer fence before, as you say ten mins further walk, but whichever CV field I'm in I go out for the whole day anyway so it's not the end of the world - whereas leaving site can be fine, but it could be one of those days with a traffic nightmare. 

Good points - well made. So I'm leaning towards the only advantage to getting in on Tuesday is it would give my family a van to camp by and use of our facilities on the days before we arrive, plus they'd get wrist banded more easily and quicker on Wednesday morning. That sound about right? 

16 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Good points - well made. So I'm leaning towards the only advantage to getting in on Tuesday is it would give my family a van to camp by and use of our facilities on the days before we arrive, plus they'd get wrist banded more easily and quicker on Wednesday morning. That sound about right? 

Ah...cos there are people other than Mrs B who are camping with you and they will be potentially arriving before her?

Your logistical challenges make mine seem easy 😉 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ah...cos there are people other than Mrs B who are camping with you and they will be potentially arriving before her?

Your logistical challenges make mine seem easy 😉 

Correct. Just not sure whether to suggest they camp with us or not. Bit of a two-edged sword 🤣

One factor to consider is also that I'd love a few drinks in the camper fields on Tuesday, even though I do have to get home to work Wednesday... 

8 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Correct. Just not sure whether to suggest they camp with us or not. Bit of a two-edged sword 🤣

One factor to consider is also that I'd love a few drinks in the camper fields on Tuesday, even though I do have to get home to work Wednesday... 

Obviously it's your precious, but not an option for one of them to take the van?

14 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Booked on my ticket... Dad has the same name as me though, so probably able to swing it. 

Someone shared this earlier in the week

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

"If someone else within the original booking would like to take over the campervan ticket, the booking can be rebooked with their registration as long as this is requested at the point of cancellation (£15 admin fee will apply) but the booking cannot be reassigned retrospectively or transferred to someone who wasn’t in the original booking."

Is that an option maybe?

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

"If someone else within the original booking would like to take over the campervan ticket, the booking can be rebooked with their registration as long as this is requested at the point of cancellation (£15 admin fee will apply) but the booking cannot be reassigned retrospectively or transferred to someone who wasn’t in the original booking."

Is that an option maybe?

Perhaps 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Is that an option maybe?

38 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Perhaps 

This is only an option if the person who booked the campervan is cancelling. I wouldn't attempt that as you may end up getting your ticket cancelled! 😱

18 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

This is only an option if the person who booked the campervan is cancelling. I wouldn't attempt that as you may end up getting your ticket cancelled! 😱

Ah thanks for spotting that, tbh I was hoping that meant they may be amenable to a transfer if it was amongst the booking.