wychwood 2022

Neil

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, grumpyhack said:

Yep, I'll be there Neil with my big caravan.  First outing of the season.  I'll be happy to help with any mobility issues.

thanks, hope i don't need you, i'll be there with an old mate who'll be helping me out. wife is worried i won't be able to get myself in and out of my van to use the bed, i reckon i will.

last night i added the wychwood line-up to the efestivals website.

10 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I'm not offering to help you in and out of bed - I'll leave that to your old mate.  But I'll be around to help if need be.

thanks i won't need help like that, i might need a little help putting on some clothes, i struggle putting on a coat, its difficult when one arm doesn't work. nothing pARTICULARLY INTIMAT, tho, don't panic.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked my night before the festival today at the Caravan and Motorhome Club site next door.  A gentle night, a chance to top up my water, empty any waste and charge my leisure battery.  Then on festival morning a gentle drive round to get wristbanded and set up the caravan.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a spare ticket thanks to being part of their ticket for life scheme and have now arranged with the very helpful Wychwood people for my daughter and her wife and twins to go.  With four other regular festival mates also going we should have a decent encampment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, grumpyhack said:

How's your general mobility - walking from your camper to the stages for example?

not great gonna take my electric wheels.

Hoping to meet friends and camp next to them. How likely is this going to be that we find space?

Also, I've heard you can pretty  much drive in and unload? thats brill. 

Im just used to Glastonbury etc where you have to trek miles and its just madness and crammed full.

44 minutes ago, paulfoel said:

Hoping to meet friends and camp next to them. How likely is this going to be that we find space?

44 minutes ago, paulfoel said:

Also, I've heard you can pretty  much drive in and unload? thats brill. 

yeah, you should find space close to your mates, if not right next to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of room but it was cold and damp which took the shine off things.  I remember the days when I had to open all the caravan windows to stay cool. This year it was remember how the gas fire worked.

• 2 months later...