Transport to and from the festival

Jack.194

Thought I’d make a thread for any questions relating to transport to/from the festival. Mainly because I have a question of my own and didn’t know where to put it:

Has anyone driven home from the festival on Sunday night? I live in Nottingham (around a 3 hour drive away from the festival site), and I need to be in Nottingham on Monday morning, but I also really want to see Biffy, which means I’ll obviously be leaving around 10 ish.

Has anyone left around this time on Sunday night before? How is it? Are there many queues getting out?

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thought I’d make a thread for any questions relating to transport to/from the festival. Mainly because I have a question of my own and didn’t know where to put it:

Has anyone driven home from the festival on Sunday night? I live in Nottingham (around a 3 hour drive away from the festival site), and I need to be in Nottingham on Monday morning, but I also really want to see Biffy, which means I’ll obviously be leaving around 10 ish.

Has anyone left around this time on Sunday night before? How is it? Are there many queues getting out?

Ive left sunday night each time i’ve been. 2018 i left in the afternoon so can’t comment but i’m 2017 we left straight after muse and had no issue getting out and driving back to coventry. you’ll be fine getting out and getting home

2019 it took a while but to no fault of the traffic (left with about 30 mins of foo fighters to go and got halfway out of the farm before popping a tyre on those awful roads leading out of white parking and having to be rescued from technically still at reading festival by the AA about 2 hours later)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Ive left sunday night each time i’ve been. 2018 i left in the afternoon so can’t comment but i’m 2017 we left straight after muse and had no issue getting out and driving back to coventry. you’ll be fine getting out and getting home

2019 it took a while but to no fault of the traffic (left with about 30 mins of foo fighters to go and got halfway out of the farm before popping a tyre on those awful roads leading out of white parking and having to be rescued from technically still at reading festival by the AA about 2 hours later)

This is really useful, makes me feel a lot better about getting out - obviously it’s quite a long drive so just didn’t want any more to be added onto it, thanks mate