Festival photos for BBC film

sedra

Anyone else been contacted by the Festival office for permission to use photos from the Gallery for a short animation for the BBC special weekend coverage ?  I put a few from 1986 on the website gallery!  

To promote this coverage over the June weekend we are making a unique animation made up of hundreds of photos of the Pyramid stage to encapsulate the memories of the thousands of people that have visited the festival over the last five decades.

As you submitted a photograph of the Pyramid stage to Glastonbury’s photo gallery we thought we’d get in touch to let you know that we may use an image you submitted to the site in the animation and as part of our collage poster.

Seeing as we’re showing around 25 frames a second, it will only be on screen for the briefest moment, but along with hundreds of other people’s images it will make a fabulous 30 second film celebrating the last 50 years of the festival.

12 minutes ago, sedra said:

Anyone else been contacted by the Festival office for permission to use photos from the Gallery for a short animation for the BBC special weekend coverage ?  I put a few from 1986 on the website gallery!  

To promote this coverage over the June weekend we are making a unique animation made up of hundreds of photos of the Pyramid stage to encapsulate the memories of the thousands of people that have visited the festival over the last five decades.

As you submitted a photograph of the Pyramid stage to Glastonbury’s photo gallery we thought we’d get in touch to let you know that we may use an image you submitted to the site in the animation and as part of our collage poster.

Seeing as we’re showing around 25 frames a second, it will only be on screen for the briefest moment, but along with hundreds of other people’s images it will make a fabulous 30 second film celebrating the last 50 years of the festival.

That’s going to be some game trying to catch /spot them :) 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s going to be some game trying to catch /spot them :) 

True, the sky freeze button will be worn out!  Twice we’ve managed to catch a fleeting image of ourselves on tv, the Pretenders in 17 and Vampire Weekend in 19.  Helps if you wear a distinctive hat, maybe something you might consider😁

• Like 1

Never been on Glasto coverage to my knowledge, I always seem to end up underneath the camera boom if at the front or too far back in the darkness for headliners.

I did get on coverage at Reading though, I got an angry text message from my girlfriend informing me she had seen me cuddling a girl in the crowd.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

True, the sky freeze button will be worn out!  Twice we’ve managed to catch a fleeting image of ourselves on tv, the Pretenders in 17 and Vampire Weekend in 19.  Helps if you wear a distinctive hat, maybe something you might consider😁

bbc have been avoiding me for years ... last year I dont think they were briefed correctly :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Perhaps the cameras can’t cope with the intensity of the LEDs on the fabled pyramid hat?. 

im trying to work out a laser into the air from the top but haven't worked out how to do that yet with one bright enough that stays on .... and it might lead to pyramid hat confiscation at the gate :)